Anyone used Castrol IMV in Honda/Acura ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about exchanging the atf in my MDX with the Castrol IMV. Would like to get some feedback from anyone who has used it in any Honda/Acura vehicle. Especially I am curious about fuel efficiency. Seems slightly higher in viscosity so was wondering if it affects mpg ?

I can not commend on the Castrol IMV, but are you saving any significant amount of money by using it over the Honda/Acura DW-1? It would be my recommendation to stick with OEM fluid as its the only fluid approved by Honda/Acura and is available for a reasonable price even at the dealership.

There's been several topics where the Castrol has come up. I have a case of it in my garage and it will start going into my Acuras someday. I haven't used it yet, I'm still on some Valvoline Maxlife.

Well, I am using the Castrol IMV/TransMax in all the vehicles in my sig below 'cept the Firebird(Mobil 1 ATF) but, I've even topped off the Firebird with IMV!

I have switched the Altima to MaxLife but, the Lexus and Mazda are still using IMV and I am going to change again the Mazda this Spring/Summer with the same!

I have no particular issues with any of the trannys in sig though, the Altima has some shift flare(not related to the IMV).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24
I can not commend on the Castrol IMV, but are you saving any significant amount of money by using it over the Honda/Acura DW-1? It would be my recommendation to stick with OEM fluid as its the only fluid approved by Honda/Acura and is available for a reasonable price even at the dealership.

+1

The old MDX?
I'd use Maxlife ATF as a second choice.
First choice would be Honda brand ATF.
If you google around a bit, you can find it for ~ $72.00 for a twelve quart case delivered to your door.
The source is Curry Accura, the one in NY, not the one in GA.
This is what I did.
Many owners have reported good results with Maxlife ATF, while one guy here reports a disasterous one, although not with a Honda slushbox.

I'm running Castol IMV in my Acura TSX right now. I've had it in there for about 15k miles and the car is shifting perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back