Hella 9005/HB3 bulbs at Ollies - Made in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about these bulbs I got at Ollies? They are 9005 made in India they look like some good old stock. Bulbs appear to have a faint blue tint but appear very white when powered on. Not bad for a twin pack only $9.99

2pu0fiw.jpg

25j81ec.jpg

5cjsw.jpg

2rw0286.jpg

Hella is a reputable company, even the bulb is made in India their QC is very high so it probably performs as well as similar bulb made elsewhere.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
They also had H3 and 9007 bulbs too for the same price.

Could use a few more 9007 bulbs....

The lights shops are selling E Code headlamp units made in India now. The quality is said to be "OK" but not great.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
They also had H3 and 9007 bulbs too for the same price.

Could use a few more 9007 bulbs....

They even have one pack of GE Nighthawk Platinum 9007 left, they look great in my buddies Cobalt and my Taurus.

Just noticed most of reviews on them are poor...
frown.gif

Well they were Made In India.

The truth is that many times even when major manufacturers are putting their name on products the QC is still handled by the people native to the country where the plant is located, which like China can mean that the well known brand has poor quality.

This might work for a while until the consumer starts getting burned and then no more business for that brand.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Just noticed most of reviews on them are poor...
frown.gif

Well they were Made In India.

The truth is that many times even when major manufacturers are putting their name on products the QC is still handled by the people native to the country where the plant is located, which like China can mean that the well known brand has poor quality.

This might work for a while until the consumer starts getting burned and then no more business for that brand.

Seems like the burn out pretty quick...granted, one is not paying sliverstar prices either.

Could own 3-4 pairs for what you would pay for silverstars...so I guess that would not be too bad....

My contact "virgil" at candle power forums has informed me that all Hella bulbs are sloppily made junk and also reminded me that the blue tint is bad in many ways, which i already knew but they were cheap so i figured working lights are better than nothing.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/bad/bad.html

I probably won't be buying any more Hella products in the future though.

He recommended me the Phillips 9011 as the best bulb for my high beams which i already knew too but i am waiting until i get new OEM housings from gm parts direct.

He also told me about how all aftermarket housings are un safe junk and CAPA certification is a scam. I would say he is right after my experience with bad aiming adjustment, leaking water and burnt sockets on these housings i got from rockauto labeled as "Vision Auto Lamps"

My contact "virgil" at candle power forums has informed me that all Hella bulbs are sloppily made junk and also reminded me that the blue tint is bad in many ways, which i already knew but they were cheap so i figured working lights are better than nothing.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/bad/bad.html

I probably won't be buying any more Hella products in the future though.

He recommended me the Phillips 9011 as the best bulb for my high beams which i already knew too but i am waiting until i get new OEM housings from gm parts direct.

He also told me about how all aftermarket housings are un safe junk and CAPA certification is a scam. I would say he is right after my experience with bad aiming adjustment, leaking water and burnt sockets on these housings i got from rockauto labeled as "Vision Auto Lamps"
Anytime I read "ALL" this or all that I raise an eyebrow. The Hella, made in the Fahr East, regulator I recently installed in my son's 633CSI works fine. Looks just like the OEM I pulled out. Interesting that BMW didn't use a replaceable brush holder as those inferior Denso boys do.

Last edited:
I recently started using Hella H7 bulbs in my Golf, after only using Osram/Sylvania bulbs for many years. So far, I am impressed by their brightness and longevity. Plus I got a good deal on them from Tirerack.com -- I think it was a closeout of that particular part number, and the price for the new version is almost double. So I'm glad I stocked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back