1st time taken in for wash/wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen more places doing the wash & more services popping up recent years. Some look busy every time I drive by. So for my 1st time recently I took the DD SUV in for wash and hand wax - guess I was feeling old, crunchy, lazy.
I didn't get any package deal, I asked for wash, dry, hand wax. It was $50
I watched on & off. Although I didn't ask for anything else, they vacuum, wiped up all the interior (no glare satin finish), glass in/out, tires/wheels. I seen them also rub around the doors/hatch to include under the doors.
I saw up to 5 guys at one point applying wax. Some kind of light color yellowish liquid out of pointed tip bottles. Then used something else to get all the plastic cladding all around - it came out clean and even, not wet glossy which I don't care for. And no wax streaks on any of it when all done. Then 2 doing the wheels/tires, also not the wet glossy, more low-medium shine on the tires. They had pulled it over to a cover shade area to towel dry after the wash to finish off everything. Guessing for hand waxing as others were in the sun.

Although it is/was my 1st time doing this, I'm pretty happy for what I got and all done in an hour. Extra time I noticed after the wax was applied, one kept eyeballing it on/off, guess waiting for the wax to haze up. It was early morning and still fairy cool out.
With the drought in California going on, I'm already on a water restriction and it's going to get worse from what I hear. Down to very limited watering, may soon be no watering outside. I had thought about the waterless cleaners, but decided to try one of those drive in places I see now all the time. I guess they filter/recycle their water from what a girl (customer) was telling me. She also said they guarantee their hand wax for 4 months. I said "4 months for what... not falling off?).

Them boys and a couple girls sure move, no standing around dredging a finger up the nose. I just sat outdoors watching on & off with coffee and doughnut. They have indoor seating with folks waiting, some eating, newspaper etc.

IN/Out and I didn't break a sweat. And although they removed the almost $7 in change in one of the cup holders to clean in it, they returned all of it. It was all there when I rechecked after I got home. Doubt that would happen all the time.
I'm pretty happy how it all turned out. In & out (me) and in & out (SUV).

Getting older, crunchy, lazy, whatever.... I got home and told my youngest to mow the lawn and I just sat and watched. Just when he was finishing, wife served up a pretty good lunch for us. I can get used to this.

Sounds like they did a terrific job & you walked away happy. Win win situation for you & them!! Nice way to start off the day!!:)

Pcis of the girls or the car?

Let us see; one hour about 6 persons working on the car; about $8 per hour labor rate even ignoring the overhead and cost of the supplies; actual labor rate paid to them must be way less than $8

I don't think I need to make any more comment but doesn't anybody else think why that is possible?

(She also said they guarantee their hand wax for 4 months. I said "4 months for what... not falling off?).

Unless you are joking, she probably meant a 4 month guaranty for the wax not wearing off by continuing to bead water when wet.

I didn't get pics (old flip phone (no camera) & haven't seen our camera since trip to Yosemite).
Mind all, they jumped on the car, it sat a bit for the wax to haze.
All the outside workers looked to be mexican - inside was a young blonde (probably owner daughter - guessing).
Yeah all probably getting minimum wage. But I am impressed for what I got.

I didn't get things like shampoo for the carpets as mine look good, or up to engine detailing since I don't need that either.

One other thing - they must have removed, cleaned, returned the sticky pad. It was clean. I was going to replace it with a clean one which I keep a couple ready to go, but they took care of it.

Add - I was pleased and gave a $10 tip when a noticed a few others it looked like maybe a couple one's.

You are a good guy for leaving the tip.

I must be in the wrong neighborhood but something like that would run excess of $100 as only single local dealer offers this service.

Being in CA (or in northern VA) allows these services being offered cheaply and abundantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back