Surprised! shocked even with Lucas.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Car has been running a bit rough (been busy, have not let the tank empty in a while), so I figure some fuel cleaner is in order. Was going to pick up some of bitog's fave, but they were out at my local AAP. Happened to pass by a display of Lucas fuel cleaner (with lube it says). One o the guys who seems to be pretty good to deal with says it works pretty well! Told him I was not a big Lucas guy, but he said he was not a fan either, but liked how well it worked. So I figured-what the heck, I'll try it once.

Poured it in a almost empty tank, then filled up at the local sunoco. I expected pretty much nothing, but after a few miles the Balt was a happy car. Put about 25 miles on this tank so far, and the car seems happy a peppy now...
cool.gif

So, am I lucky it didn't blow up my car? Or is this actually decent stuff? Not sure if I will try it again yet, as I want to get through this tank first.....

Are you talking Lucas Deep Clean or this,
http://lucasoil.com/images/documents/TDS_Fuel-Treatment.pdf

That- (one in the link)

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Any updates Dave?

Yep, almost forgot too....
blush.gif

Put a few bottles through so far. Seems at first it was all butter smooth, but then would have rough patches after a while...

I've noticed within the last week that the Balt is running smoother now, both in driving and at idle. I usually don't throw in fuel cleaners (try to buy good gas). While it's still not perfect, I'm still thinking it had a lot of cleaning to do in there...

Going to wait a couple of more tanks, then throw another bottle in. Have to say so far, it seems to be doing the job! Also noticed a 1-2 mpg increase as well......

I've been playing with Lucas UCL and others for a few years. One thing I've seen is every time I don't use Lucas UCL W/cleaner, my mileage drops. The drop will vary a lot depending on the quality of gas used too but none the less it will drop 2-9% depending on the gas used..

Originally Posted By: cmhj
I've been playing with Lucas UCL and others for a few years. One thing I've seen is every time I don't use Lucas UCL W/cleaner, my mileage drops. The drop will vary a lot depending on the quality of gas used too but none the less it will drop 2-9% depending on the gas used..

Different results with different engines, maybe?

I may have to try a bottle in the Camry next weekend. Going to the outlaws for Easter.

I use Lucas UCL in my beater Sable but so far no additives in the Camry.

Last edited:
If you were surprised with the Lucas. Try a can of Berryman b12 in your tank when your tank is half full. It has more solvents in it than Lucas, marvel mystery oil and Seafoam, I believe.

B12 will bring your tired lawnmower or any small engine to life again after you add a cap full directly to tank on the whatever small engine with fresh fuel.

I wouldn't have 240,000 miles on my Cherokee if it weren't for stuff like mentioned above.

I run cleaners every so often due to gas these days.

My rule of thumb is add a can of fuel system cleaner every month or every oil change or religiously a can of Seafoam or Lucas or B12 each month.

Nice about the b12....may try that with the mower....

Now added some Lucas to the wife's car as well....

Updating again....running through another round of Lucas with the Cobalt. One thing I have noticed is that the Balt is idling much smoother, so it must have cleaned something well in there..

Mileage is creeping into the low 30s, which does not that great, until you know it is mostly city driving.

Cars seem to like this stuff....

Originally Posted By: southernjeeper
If you were surprised with the Lucas. Try a can of Berryman b12 in your tank when your tank is half full. It has more solvents in it than Lucas, marvel mystery oil and Seafoam, I believe.

B12 will bring your tired lawnmower or any small engine to life again after you add a cap full directly to tank on the whatever small engine with fresh fuel.

I wouldn't have 240,000 miles on my Cherokee if it weren't for stuff like mentioned above.

I run cleaners every so often due to gas these days.

My rule of thumb is add a can of fuel system cleaner every month or every oil change or religiously a can of Seafoam or Lucas or B12 each month.

+1 That is what I use and have been very happy with the results. It's been a while since I've used it in my small engines. They are probably due!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back