Hyrdaulic oil for duralast 2 1/4 jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought this to replace the aging and now weld-cracking jack i had. In the owners manual, it says to drain all the hydraulic fluid every 6 months and refill. I will used it once every 5k miles so about once every 5 months. I believe it spec'd WD-40?? Any good fluid you'd recommend? Btw, i never changed or drained any fluid on my other jack. Only added a little before each use.

I don't drain and refill either and I run my jacks for yeeears!
But, there is a hydraulic fluid sold at most autoparts stores and it's not WD-40
smile.gif

Found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V25XipGMzXo

Last edited:
I have never changed the jack oil. I added some to my Craftsman jack after 25 years.

I would use hydraulic jack oil, but unless you have reason to suspect contaminated fluid (like left it outside in the rain for a year) I would just keep it full.

Walmart carries several brands of hydraulic jack oil. I believe any hydraulic fluid(ISO 32/68) would work. I have drained the cylinder on my 35 year old Craftsman 2 ton jack several times and it is still very reliable.I have a seal kit for it and will have a local jack repair shop rebuild it for me.Not going to let that jack go until I can no longer work on my Camry.

I have a heavy duty small floor jack, that I don't know the name of that I bought as an old used jack 45 years ago, and I think maybe once or twice I have added a little hyd. jack oil to it. Just used it a couple weeks ago, and it still works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back