Where to buy TES-295 trans fluid....cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to dump the Dex VI out of my Allison transmission, and replenish it with a TES-295 fluid. Been looking at the Castrol Transynd and the Mobil Delvac fluids. Where is the cheapest place to get it? I found some at the Camping World for $45 + tax per gallon. Anyone know where I can get it cheaper? Thanks

I used Pet-Can's synthetic HD ATF that meets TS 295.
I bought 12 liters of it 5 years ago for about $80.00
Parking up hill when draining, it took 9.5 liters to fill
including the little filter which I removed first
and installed last.

The Mobil Delvac is likely the factory fill
in commercial Allisons.
Cost was not an issue because the TS 295 will last
2 or 3 times longer than the Dextron 6.

Here is the list of approved on highway TES fluids, see if you can find any of these ones if you don't know about them, they include...

John Deere HD SynTran™
Autran Syn 295™
Emgard 2805™
Fleetrite Synthetic ATF™
Bulldog Synthetic ATF™
Shell Spirax S6 ATF A295™
CNH HD Synthetic ATF™

http://www.allisontransmission.com/parts-service/approved-fluids/on-highway-fluids

Also this may be of interest, we had a former Allison fluids engineer post on the boards and other boards recently

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3279587/Former_Allison_Transmission_Fl

If in Canada the Coop (on the prairies) carry a synthetic ATF that has the meets/exceeds Tes 295. It runs about 8$ a liter before tax. It seems to me that most of their oils are based off of Petro Can stuff.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
I'm looking to dump the Dex VI out of my Allison transmission, and replenish it with a TES-295 fluid. Been looking at the Castrol Transynd and the Mobil Delvac fluids. Where is the cheapest place to get it? I found some at the Camping World for $45 + tax per gallon. Anyone know where I can get it cheaper? Thanks

There is no such thing as a "cheap" TES-295 licensed fluid.

What's wrong with the DEX VI in your LTZ? Why are you dumping fluid that is likely fine?

Not knowing where "elsewhere" is located, it's hard to understand what challenges you may or may not face regarding environment.

If you're dead-set on a PAO based lube, there are many non-licensed ones that will work just fine. But you'd be at-risk in terms of warranty on your new LTZ.

I'm looking to dump the Dex VI out of my Allison transmission, and replenish it with a TES-295 fluid.

Do you mind telling us why?

Go to the heavy truck dealerships in your area, specifically Mack and International dealers. Their proprietary named ATF products are TES-295 and TES-468 rated and you might get a better value. They are also approved by Allison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back