Kentucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Kentucky will win the whole thing? I thought if they had a game like they did tonight that they might lose since they have not been pushed much this year. However they did good at the very end. So will anybody beat them?

Great game. I think Wisconsin has the best chance of beating UK of any team left in the tournament. They have come close to losing a couple of times and after ND played them so close, I feel they can be beaten. It will take a perfect game for anyone to beat the Wildcats.

Notre Dame folded in the last couple minutes, both players and coaches. You foul with about 20 seconds left and see how the free throws go. Even if they make them both, you still have 20 seconds to set up an offense and tie or win with a 3 (your supposed strength). Instead they tried to play it out on defense, with at best going into OT as an option, and the rest is history. Horrible coaching. And the last three missed shots (I hardly count the last desperation one, though), all 3s, really destroyed their chances of holding the lead. Poor offensive choices to end the game.

A veteran and well-coached team like WI would have won in that situation, so Kentucky needs to hope they are ahead going into the final minutes if they are going to win next week. WI is almost unbeatable when leading with five minutes left, and won't panic even if they get down by a dozen points at some point.

KY will have to play better than they did last night to beat WI...WI is a 3 point machine...they went 10 for 12 in the 2nd half alone last night...

Originally Posted By: grampi
KY will have to play better than they did last night to beat WI...WI is a 3 point machine...they went 10 for 12 in the 2nd half alone last night...

Unfortunately you live or die by the 3 pointers. If Wisconsin is on its over.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: grampi

Unfortunately you live or die by the 3 pointers. If Wisconsin is on its over.

Even if they aren't, it's still gonna be close...I think WI is better than KY...

I would take Wisconsins starting 5 over Kentuckys, but Calipari has 5 more blue chippers on the bench, and doesn't lose much when he substitutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back