Anybody looking forward to Baseball Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live across the street from Dell Diamond in Round Rock Texas.

We get to cheer on the Round Rock Express (Rangers Affiliate).

Pretty fun time, lots of bands come and good beer and nice weather.

About 14 dollars a ticket for reserved seating and there is a great BBQ restaurant next door to the ball park.

I could care less about the game, just nice being out in the sun and taking it all in.

Not looking forward as much as was in previous years, being a Rays fan, we lost Joe Maddon and a bunch of key players last year. Top 3 pitchers are going to start the season on DL.

Rangers fan here
Not much to look forward to with Darvish out for the year
The Curse of Nolan Ryan strikes again!

I look forward to the idea of the upcoming baseball season.

It's all about memories and nostalgia. Lord, I wish I hadn't ruined those Mickey Mantle cards clipped to my bicycle to make motorcycle noise. A lazy Sunday afternoon with a baseball game on television in the background and the scent of new mown grass in the air. The once a year trek with my parents or Cub Scout group to see the White Sox.

I still go see the Tigers about once a year and not only reminisce, but also enjoy the moment. But, I am constantly disillusioned as I watch all those millionaires take to the field. There's simply too much money involved in sports now a days.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

I still go see the Tigers about once a year and not only reminisce, but also enjoy the moment. But, I am constantly disillusioned as I watch all those millionaires take to the field. There's simply too much money involved in sports now a days.

If you're in Michigan and looking for some good ball without watching millionaires, there are three great places to in the state watch Class-A ball in the Midwest League.

Dow Diamond in Midland is a great place to take in a game, so is Fifth Third Ballpark in Grand Rapids. I've never been to Lansing to watch the Lugnuts play, but I'm sure, like the other two, it makes for a nice day-trip to watch some baseball.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Nothing better than a warm summer night sitting on the porch with Brewers turned on radio and Bob Uecker calling a game.

Nothing better than a freezing summer night in the middle of August at AT&T (or Candlestick back in the day) watching the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back