Fram Orange Can O' Delight PH3614 Cut Open @ 5385 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The noob will see that bashing doesn't go well on this site.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
2wn5xu9.jpg

The only thing I don't like much about Extra Guard is lack of filter media as shown in this picture. If they increase filter media by about 1/3 then it is okay.
What's "extra" about it?

Originally Posted By: highlifter
Originally Posted By: Motorking
Yep, what he said above.
Honestly not even sure why the fram haters are so stuck. Seven out of the top ten selling cars sold in the USA left the factory with our filters. Why? because they take dirt out of the oil and isnt that what its supposed to do?

Are you for real? Car makers care about one thing: protect the bottom line. If a part is even 1 penny cheaper they will select it over another. And big surprise Fram wins the bid as the cheapest supplier and they are the poorest quality filter available. Sometimes correlation does equal causation. People aren't "stuck", they're educated.
+1

Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: KCJeep

I have no problem with the fiber end caps, the ecore plastic center cage, or any other design. As long as the media is strong as a result of straight, even and plenty of pleating.

Even pleats and lots of pleats certainly are a good thing. Especially if the media is weak. But not all media is created equal. Fram's is unusually strong, which is how they get away with less of it. Not very visually impressive though, on that we can agree!

I'll give you that... even the cheapest FRAM media has little bend to it. If Purolator used FRAM's OCOD media, they wouldn't be having their tearing epidemic.

Regardless, I still want more pleats LOL
"Epidemic" ROFLMAO!

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: KCJeep

I have no problem with the fiber end caps, the ecore plastic center cage, or any other design. As long as the media is strong as a result of straight, even and plenty of pleating.

Even pleats and lots of pleats certainly are a good thing. Especially if the media is weak. But not all media is created equal. Fram's is unusually strong, which is how they get away with less of it. Not very visually impressive though, on that we can agree!

I'll give you that... even the cheapest FRAM media has little bend to it. If Purolator used FRAM's OCOD media, they wouldn't be having their tearing epidemic.

Regardless, I still want more pleats LOL
"Epidemic" ROFLMAO!

By BITOG standards, that is correct. I have not seen a product line with as many documented failures as the puro classic tears for the amount of time I have been on this site. Not even the ecore boondoggle. It wins the "best of the worst" award IMO.

This filter might have had an easy life. My car sees 7000+ RPM regularly, not sure if this filter would survive that kind of stress and pressure.

This Fram is the model for my application.
Disregard cost and appearance. Did this filter function as intended? It may have more media than Ultra has because the Extra Guard media looks longer.

My car doesn't do extended o/c so I can't choose Ultra just because it costs more
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back