Anybody following World Cup Cricket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Really? In USA?? Which school was that?

The only team which (barely) beat the Aussies was New Zealand. The next two matches are going to be interesting to say the least.

No, in England, that's where I'm from.

in my district, they had a brit over for cricket, indian cook, Chinese, Japanese..., these are all volunteers.
The learned how to play cricket.

Well, if anyone other than Australia was going to win the title, I'd be happy for it to be NZ. Imagine if you guys won it - there'd be a solid week of drinking to celebrate!

So bdcardinal, looks like we both called the semi's correctly.

India vs Australia was almost predictably an anti climax.

So what about the final? I'm going to back New Zealand.

Originally Posted By: Evanson
So bdcardinal, looks like we both called the semi's correctly.

India vs Australia was almost predictably an anti climax.

So what about the final? I'm going to back New Zealand.

Coin toss for sure on this final. I have been very surprised with New Zealand's resurgence lately. I didn't get a chance to watch the India semi, but it seemed like Australia lost a few wickets in quick succession. If that happens in the final that could seal the deal for New Zealand.

Watching these matches it seems that the bowling team needs to strategize better on which batsmen they really want to get out and which ones are better staying in and scoring a bit slower.

When the Australian batsmen got out, there was invariably a better one that followed. And what was very impressive is they didn't need any time to settle in.

This is the impact of T20 and I think it's one of the reasons New Zealand have emerged as well.

Have they banned the underarm bowl ? They must've, otherwise the Aussies would've used it in the last game they lost to NZ.

Originally Posted By: Silk
Have they banned the underarm bowl ? They must've, otherwise the Aussies would've used it in the last game they lost to NZ.

Yup, I think it was officially banned after the infamous incident.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Yup, I think it was officially banned after the infamous incident.

Are you sure?

Don't forget: The final is today!

Or it starts today. Or is it tomorrow. Depends on where you live.

I watched New Zealand's inning, and they just gave up wickets too quickly. I watched the Grand Prix and kept tabs on Australia's innings through Twitter. Seeing how fast they were scoring, I knew who was going to win so I gave up and went to bed.

Kind of a bummer finish to a great series, but Australia sure earned it.

We beat Australia in the pool game, but they probably thought it was an easy win and didn't try hard enough. The 2nd best team in the World Cup, but it was a big call for NZ to beat Aust in cricket, we are sort of new at being good at cricket.

We beat Australia in the pool game, but they probably thought it was an easy win and didn't try hard enough. The 2nd best team in the World Cup, but it was a big call for NZ to beat Aust in cricket, we are sort of new at being good at cricket.

Would be cool if the Rugby World Cup final had the Wallabies and All Blacks. I bet the result would be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back