Ceratec results on 2 engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to post some results after using ceratec - by liquimoly. Results after 1000kms
08 nissan versa - highway mpg went from 7-8 liters /100kms to 6-7 L/100kms
10 Santa Fe - highway mpg 9-10L/100kms to 7.5-8-9 L/100kms

Not too bad on crummy winter gas.

Originally Posted By: nicholas
Just wanted to post some results after using ceratec - by liquimoly. Results after 1000kms

How well do you think you controlled for the massive variables like wind, hills, tire pressures, weight on board, all of which can throw results off?

Originally Posted By: fredfactory

How well do you think you controlled for the massive variables like wind, hills, tire pressures, weight on board, all of which can throw results off?

+1 and it got warmer in most places.

According to Petro Canada, where I get my fuel - they do not switch to their summer blend until the end of March. Given that it is still -10 Celsius where I live.

Same old Penz 5w-20 and 5w-30 dino.

I honestly don't know why I even bother posting on this forum anymore, so many people ready to crank at you - of course I can't account for the many variables involved in mpg testing, no one on this forum can!!!

I averaged 10 tanks of gas and posted my results - which were positive in BOTH vehicles - driven in the same fashion on the same roads over and over again. Tire pressures monitored, vehicle always well maintained.

Its just a testimonial from someone who has no vested interest in the product.

Skepticism on answers has some ground. The amount of friction inside an engine do not affect gasoline consumption so drastically. Unless your oil has no any friction modification.

nicholas -

Be not perturbed! Keep posting! Many lurkers find this information quite interesting.

“In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.”
~Mark Twain
(substitute school boards for forums)

Nicholas, don't let the few moron's here prevent you from stating your views these are very small individuals. on a whole, this site is full of great info.! and good people!!

Last edited:
Thanks nicholas for sharing. Since you have direct access to your spreadsheet/data could you please give us your overall average percentage change in L/100kms for each vehicle.

Yup , let me dig it up - i will post it up over the weekend.

I have used other products before actually 3 - in other cars, but this one has yielded the most dramatic results - in two vehicles we own.

I actually used it on an oil burning 2009 audi a4 6 months ago, it was really hard to track mileage in that car - it was burning up to 1 quart oil per 500kms, sometimes. The Ceratec did help to reduce that - but I never tracked the mileage in that car. We actually sold it for the Santa Fe. Audi's total lack of support for a known engine defect was the real reason we traded it in. I don't think I will ever get another audi again - that was ridiculous. Support in the US for the same reason but not in Canada, I dont get it.

35.gif

of course I can't account for the many variables involved in mpg testing, no one on this forum can!!!

I averaged 10 tanks of gas and posted my results - which were positive in BOTH vehicles - driven in the same fashion on the same roads over and over again. Tire pressures monitored, vehicle always well maintained.

Somebody posted a while back that they looked at their Instantaneous MPG digital readout on the same road, same speed, no or little wind, etc., just diff oils. That test might be consistent enough to get an idea the difference. If you don't have an MPG readout already, a ScanGuage OBDII hookup will give you that. Its possible to get a pretty good run in doing that. Need same or close temperatures outside since that affects tire drag too.

Because this board and many others like it are littered with keyboard kommandos who talk a lot of game.

According to Petro Canada, where I get my fuel - they do not switch to their summer blend until the end of March. Given that it is still -10 Celsius where I live.

I honestly don't know why I even bother posting on this forum anymore, so many people ready to crank at you - of course I can't account for the many variables involved in mpg testing, no one on this forum can!!!

But you are posting numbers that are literally meaningless.

You say you went from 7-8 to 6-7.
If you went from the ~7 (of 7-8) to ~7 (of the 6-7) .. you didn't change ??!!

I applaud your enthusiasm but you have to abide us when we take your vague results with a grain of salt (scepticism)

Anyway, it has been a long, cold winter here in Canada and any bit of good news should be gratefully received.
55.gif

(You know that any sane Canadian wouldn't believe anything that someone from Ottawa said
crackmeup2.gif
)

" If you went from the ~7 (of 7-8) to ~7 (of the 6-7) .. you didn't change ??!! "

Fancy calculation .... Rather 7.5 to 6.5 that 13% less

Pretty cold climate. Why not run 0w full synths?

If an additive makes that.much of a difference, is your oil choice and change interval that great????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back