When did Cooper become OEM supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Moral of this thread,

All the major companies have made some good tires and some not-so-good tires. That's why every brand will have some people on an online forum complaining about them.

All I'll say about Cooper is the new CS5 series is pretty impressive so far. I hope they continue to make good tires, but if they don't, I won't buy them in the future.

Exactly. On my Mazda I run RS3-As as the winter tire and Pilot Super Sports as the summer/track tire. Both tires have more than exceeded my expectations.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Personally I would not buy a car with Coopers on it. If I was dead set on the car, changing out to Michelin would be part of the sales contract.

Well...Personally I would not buy a car with Michelins on it. If I was dead set on the car, changing out to Cooper would be part of the sales contract.

I would run four different brands of Chinese tires before I used Michelin.

I guess Im one of the weird ones that has Michelins on one car (that I love; they've quite literally saved my butt from myself) and Coopers on the other (that at least so far, with only 200 miles, I also like a lot).

I'm not a fan of Cooper's chunky sidewalls. They look thicker then other brands with the same size aspect ratio.

Cooper make great true truck tires (eg load range C, etc). Am using AT3's now, great 4-season on/off road tire.

Not the very best in any one category, but the overall balance is phenomenal. Like 90+ % of the leader in each category. Other tires do one or two things well but fall short elsewhere.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Cooper make great true truck tires (eg load range C, etc). Am using AT3's now, great 4-season on/off road tire.

Not the very best in any one category, but the overall balance is phenomenal. Like 90+ % of the leader in each category. Other tires do one or two things well but fall short elsewhere.

My newest set of remolded tires is on various Cooper casings! I paid less to have mismatched and that's okay with me.

Their Mastercraft and Starfire lines are pretty popular.

I've been very impressed with Cooper's truck tires, especially the Discoverer A/T-3. I've always been a Pirelli guy, but it looks like that's going to change - especially after the Chinese bought them over. Shame I can't get Coopers in size 255/60R17 for my Envoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back