Does anyone here go 20k on a oil filter in a Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: smith627
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
I wouldn't run any oil filter for 20,000 miles.

I know filters are better, oil is better, etc.

Forgive me but it's just to easy to change the oil and filter more often.

^^This I agree with 100%

My sister in law has her oil and filter changed four times a year(every 3 months) and I'll bet she doesn't put 10k miles a year on her mini-van. What a waste.

ROD

She is much different with most female drivers. The vast majority female drivers just pump gas and drive, to them if the car doesn't break down no repair is needed, maintenance is a just a scam.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Some of the 2000-2005 pre-MM Hondas specify 10k OC, with the filter changed only every *other* oil change, which would be 20k

(not to mention the 90s Hondas with 7500 OCI/15k FCI)

Question is, does anyone here do that? Or know someone brave enough to go 20k on a non-synthetic filter?

I know that some OEM Honda oil filters are cardboard Frams, and that even non-high-end filters are warrantied for the full manufacturer's suggested interval.

I'd love to see a Purolator Classic or OCOD or TG or Honda OEM or Wix or Napa Silver/Proselect run for 20k cut open!

I'd try it myself but I don't have a Honda!

When Honda had the Filtech A01s then filters would do 7K or 12K miles and there are many cut outs here and the A01s look very good.

Also the Honda A02 is a very good filter also.. Its not the OCOD aka Fram Extra Gaurd.
Its more like the Fram Tough Gaurd.... it has silicone adbv and the Fram TG is rated for 10K miles.

look at the cut opens of my A01s and they look perfect matter fact they look like they could of went much futher.

Originally Posted By: rrounds
Originally Posted By: smith627
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
I wouldn't run any oil filter for 20,000 miles.

I know filters are better, oil is better, etc.

Forgive me but it's just to easy to change the oil and filter more often.

^^This I agree with 100%

My sister in law has her oil and filter changed four times a year(every 3 months) and I'll bet she doesn't put 10k miles a year on her mini-van. What a waste.

ROD

how is she with other matincene?

b/c I know women with Hondas that 180k miles and have original timing belts on the v6 on the Honda Oddessy...

Also there is a lady down the street that has a Toyata Sonoma ** I think **
but she told me she went 260K miles before she ever changed the timing belt.
She never knew it needed a timing belt. However she was saved... the belt didnt break the tension wore out or somthing and her timing was off. She took it to the Toyota dealer an d they couldn't believe it... Also they took the new belt and compared it to the old belt and the old belt was only tag longer... She even asked to keep the belt and i saw it and it looked perfect to me...

I guess b/c Im in warm climate... I would think very cold weather would be worse.

however my point is.

Some women will change oil each 3 months but neglect the brakes and spark plugs and event he tires and transmission till there is a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back