Pad and rotor suggestions for 2013 accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to help a family member. The oem pads and rotors stink. Looking at centric premium rotors. Pad are my unknown. Looking for reasonable dust levels but good stoping power. Don't need to be super cheap, but not out of sight in terms of price.

Looking at centric pads in ceramic. Any other thoughts?

Originally Posted By: Quest
Akebono ProACTS.

Q.

These are the forum favorite.

I like my Wearever Platinum ceramics from advance auto they are FF friction rated just like the Akebono, the best Street able pad rating usually sold.

Duralast gold also great. My buddy had them on his cobalt the duralast gold cmax, also FF friction rated.

Just this week I replaced the front pads on our 2012 Accord EX.

Brand: WEAREVER GOLD Premium Ceramic #GNAD787 from Advance Auto for less than $40.

I have had very good service using this brand of pads on other vehicles in past years.

Last edited:
What stinks about the OEM rotors? I'd rather keep them instead of replacing with an aftermarket rotor unless they were damaged. Only time I ever had trouble with a rotor was after I replaced an OEM with an aftermarket rotor.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
What stinks about the OEM rotors? I'd rather keep them instead of replacing with an aftermarket rotor unless they were damaged. Only time I ever had trouble with a rotor was after I replaced an OEM with an aftermarket rotor.

+1

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
The oem pads and rotors stink.

I'd love to know how a 2-year-old Honda Accord manages to have brake trouble, even in the Rust Belt. Somebody have a lead foot?

Are you still under warranty? (3yr/40k, as I recall; check your warranty booklet.)

Even if you're out of warranty, Honda is often fairly generous with the "goodwill" warranty, so I suggest you avail yourself of a possibly free-to-you repair before throwing money at the car.

Originally Posted By: Tegger

I'd love to know how a 2-year-old Honda Accord manages to have brake trouble, even in the Rust Belt. Somebody have a lead foot?

Are you still under warranty? (3yr/40k, as I recall; check your warranty booklet.)

Even if you're out of warranty, Honda is often fairly generous with the "goodwill" warranty, so I suggest you avail yourself of a possibly free-to-you repair before throwing money at the car.

Won't happen. Brakes are a wear item.

Akebono ProACTS.

Q.

I don't have nearly as much brake pad experience as others here as I've only tried a couple different types. But these are what I'm planning on putting on my vehicle.

Wearever Gold Ceramics at AAP - GNAD 1254 $60.99
Wagner BD126414 $29 each = $58

Total is $119 - Use coupone code TRT41 to save $40 off $100 purchase - total out the door is about $79 - [censored] of a deal!

If your OEM rotors are still in good shape and no pulsations are occurring i would recommend re-using them since they should be better quality and padding the order with other parts, possibly rear pads or oil/filters/other items to get $100 worth of stuff for $60

Also TRT30 will give you 30% off a $50 purchase if you just want to buy the pads only, but the Akebono ProActs are awesome if you pony up the extra cash.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/advanceautoparts.com?c=4342826

Originally Posted By: user52165

The warranty won't cover WORN brakes. It WILL cover brake PROBLEMS, such as brake shudder. I know. I've been there. With a Honda.

Originally Posted By: user52165
Originally Posted By: Tegger

Not necessarily true. I had a rear brake pad issue on an old CR-V that I no longer own. The pads were getting hung up after only 16k. I took it to the dealer under warranty. They did not warrant the pads but they did warrant the rotors. I still didn't understand their thinking but I took what I could get.

Looking to help a family member. The oem pads and rotors stink. Looking at centric premium rotors. Pad are my unknown. Looking for reasonable dust levels but good stoping power. Don't need to be super cheap, but not out of sight in terms of price.

Looking at centric pads in ceramic. Any other thoughts?

These brakes need to be serviced once a year especially in the rust belt.

Centric rotors and Akebono pads are the winning combo on my Accord. Little brake dust and good bite when stopping.

Akebono ProACTS.

Q.

Why look any further than Akebono. Pads from AAP or AZ could change year to year as they possibly change suppliers.

Spend your money on PADS. Just get "good" rotors.

Wagner TQ would be a 2nd choice if Akebono was not available. Wagner TQ seem to have a rebate often.

Also keep in mind there is no standard for ceramic, so a manufacturer can toss in a little ceramic powder in a big batch of pad material legally call it "ceramic". Obviously your quality pad manufacturers are going to make a proper ceramic pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back