Pedestrian rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: andrewg

I've come to the conclusion that many low-life individuals do this...they look for and try to get people to bump them while crossing the street. I am convinced they do this looking for a pay-day.

I have it happen to me about once a week or so. It's been exclusively a particular ethnicity that does this. At least in my experience it has been. They will start walking across a four lane road...no crosswalk....no pedestrian access....while seeing me approaching from about 50 yards away. By the time I get to the point where they are crossing illegally...they KEEP GOING....right in front of me so I have to stop or slow down to about 4mph!! No wave of thank you...no look of "oops..sorry"...nothing. I have raised my hands in the car and given them a look like "what is your problem...are you nuts"....and they just look back like..."I dare you to hit me".This happens to me at least three times a month in various locations. Same ethnicity...same basic scenario. These people often do the same thing in parking lots....just walk right down the middle of the parking lot....no need to walk to the side like a normal human being.

Oh well.

Now my interest is really piqued...what is the specific ethnicity?
I want to know which folks I should pay attention to.
20.gif
19.gif

The ones with one hand out and the other reaching for their EBT card?

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

We have a HUGE issue with this in my home town. Constant war between kids at a prestigious prep school and people driving. These kids are the biggest PITA I have ever come across. They are constantly running out in front of vehicles to cross the road and almost cause, or actually cause, accidents. This is an old historic town too with kind of narrow roads

Having previously lived 9 years against the property of this very school I completely disagree. The issue is you not realizing kids are unpredictable and not going to change. Interestingly when I pass through town and stop for them when I see them approaching the crossing they wave/acknowledge you. Why you think they are so entitled? Never had a real issue living there in my 20's and was impatient then. This academy has been there since 1781!

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Stewie

Not sure where you are from but my car is not afraid of killing people
whistle.gif

That's one of the most ignorant comments I've ever seen. It's the type of mindset that shouldn't be allowed to have a drivers license.

That does read like the sort of post you'd rather not see from anyone who can legally drive.
With some of the attitudes expressed in this thread, is it any wonder that people often drive when they could just as well walk to their destination and is the growing incidence of obesity an effect of this?

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

We have a HUGE issue with this in my home town. Constant war between kids at a prestigious prep school and people driving. These kids are the biggest PITA I have ever come across. They are constantly running out in front of vehicles to cross the road and almost cause, or actually cause, accidents. This is an old historic town too with kind of narrow roads

Having previously lived 9 years against the property of this very school I completely disagree. The issue is you not realizing kids are unpredictable and not going to change. Interestingly when I pass through town and stop for them when I see them approaching the crossing they wave/acknowledge you. Why you think they are so entitled? Never had a real issue living there in my 20's and was impatient then. This academy has been there since 1781!

Lived here since 1971 so I have dealt with it longer than 9 years( try driving there for 30+ years ). Yes, some of the kids wave and actually pay attention. Obviously I wasn't referring to them. I was speaking in general terms and those kids are definitely not the majority. The overwhelming majority of those kids just come out into the road without looking and they take their sweet time crossing too. Many look at you out of the corner of their eye with a smirk as they plod along purposely holding you up as long as they can. It is brutal when you have to get through that area when classes are changing.

Back in 1781 you could ride your horse around the kids. Not how it works in 2015.

Seems like an appropriate time for my dashcam footage to get reposted. When you see the camera shift skyward it's because I'm on the brakes hard and it rocked in its mount.

This is a 50 MPH zone, lots of traffic. Guy doesn't make eye contact with me, nor does he take evasive action.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Seems like an appropriate time for my dashcam footage to get reposted. When you see the camera shift skyward it's because I'm on the brakes hard and it rocked in its mount.

This is a 50 MPH zone, lots of traffic. Guy doesn't make eye contact with me, nor does he take evasive action.

What an UTTER and COMPLETE FOOL!!

It seems to me he knew you were coming but basically tried to act like he was just too macho to walk faster and get his sloth-like rear out of the road!

Last edited:

Did that douche-bag give you the finger? You should've turned around and broken it off!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Did that douche-bag give you the finger? You should've turned around and broken it off!

Yeah, it looked like he flipped the finger to me as well. I too would have been tempted to turn around and tear it off and give him a prostate exam with it. Some people are just plain losers.

I might have been tempted to take that video to the local PD and see if they could use it against that 'tard.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
I get out of the dweebs who will look right at a car with the backup lights on and walk right in back of it. No sense of sellf peservation...the "Nanny State" will protect them. And a printed copy of the law saying they have the riight of way will stop the broken hip from hurting.

this is because too many GM cars used the back up lights for "cool" illumination effect after you lock or unlock your car.

my problem is people walking or jogging (sometimes in groups) blocking traffic (especially with cars parked on the sides) on the streets in residential areas with nice sidewalks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back