Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
^^^nope. Educating uniformed buyers to not buy Tearolators. Its our civic duty
smile.gif
!
You could try getting a life.

Yup, I don't waste anytime on junk filters from Tearolators after finding 4 tears in one filter. Pure junk.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
^^^nope. Educating uniformed buyers to not buy Tearolators. Its our civic duty
smile.gif
!

You could try getting a life.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's just too good there!!!!

Saving the world from the evil Purolators, one day at a time.

They pretend they have no problems that its all internet hype..Im through with them and we used to buy hundreds of filters at a time (group 7 which is made by purolater) for my shop and a couple of others now we decided on Wix although the chinese filter we used after the tears started showing up was impressive but they came through saying made in china and we could not have that on our newly rebuilt engines.

I think if wix was in wal mart at a good price they would sell a million of them to the public because wix makes a good filter.

I have found most people never heard of WIX. Heck, its even on the top shelf at parts stores too. Any short guy such as myself who doesn't look up wont even see them. 90% of their WIX products are in the back or need to be ordered too.

Might have just been me, but when I first became a member here, it appeared to be either Purolator or Fram. WIX seemed to come up only after the Purolator tearing. I actually made a thread asking if WIX was over-looked.

They are harder to find and (most) are more expensive than the top two which is also to blame IMO.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I think if wix was in wal mart at a good price they would sell a million of them to the public because wix makes a good filter.

Walmart would insist on a lower quality version for their store!

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Walmart would insist on a lower quality version for their store!
Why? None of the other brand of filters that WM sells have been changed in any way. They are the same filter you can buy anywhere else.

Wix seems more focused on the OE/jobber market with their products.

Of course Wix is making inroads now into the commercial market with O'Reilly.

Until O'Reilly stepped up, NAPA and Carquest were the only places to buy a Wix product.

And then only as a house brand.

If Wix brought their NAPA Gold and Silver filters to Walmart, FRAM and Purolator could just turn off the lights and go home.

I think they would insist on a lower price and other perks because they can. but not a cheaper made filter

Agree. Walmart is usually get lower price per item than other retailers, because they buy in much larger quantity than almost anyone else.

Since they sell in much higher quantity they can have smaller profit margin per item, therefore their price is usually lower.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: Joenpb
I bought an entire case of wix filters for my car at what amounted to $4.50 each.

http://www.fleetfilter.com/bulk-purchases.html

http://www.fleetfilter.com/mm5/merchant....;Category_Code=

Does fleetfilter.com even sell the WIX/NAPA Gold comparable Fram Tough Guard? I couldn't find any for my three vehicles.

I guess they don't want my business anymore. They quit selling the Baldwins that fit my Colorado too.

My guess is once a filter's cost crosses a certain threshold, they stop carrying it since it will no longer be a viable alternative for large company/government fleets. Great place to buy Wix though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back