China buying Pirelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: bruno
I cannot think of a single Chinese company with a reputation for quality .

Think again.

There was/is at least 1 industry that Chinese is much better than anyone else in the world for more than a thousand years.

Rice production?

Originally Posted By: bruno
I cannot think of a single Chinese company with a reputation for quality .

Think again.

There was/is at least 1 industry that Chinese is much better than anyone else in the world for more than a thousand years.

Firecrackers is all I can think of.

CHINA !

LAWL! You sir, made a funny!
grin.gif

I meant China Porcelain or Fine China
grin.gif

I have a couple sets of Fine China, they are just way better than anything else. The plate is very thin and light but very sturdy, the gold plate stays on after hundreds washes.

Their experience in porcelain dated back more than 2000-3000 years.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
It is not just the quality of the products from the PRC, it is their complete lack of business ethics. They flagrantly rip off designs and sell them for less. They also will do everything they possibly can to cut corners and make products that look like they meet spec, but actually do not. Just look at what they did to Lumber Liquidators.

I have been at trade shows where the Chinese companies have people walking around the main floors with DSLR cameras taking closeups of all their competitor's products. Then next year you see flagrant knock offs for less.

There is a major suspension supplier to the Mustang aftermarket that is based in California that regularly has their products copied by Chinese factories, but with inferior metal and inferior assembly methods. Simpson Racing recently issued a warning to racers to look for counterfeit HANS devices from China.

I really wish there were more US, or at least 1st world country, options for certain products.
Once upon a time the Japanese did the same thing.

I wont buy them, they are now a company owned solely by a communist state which is the enemy of the free world.
They can shove them where the sun doesn't shine. I'm not into support your local commie.

Well, we'll see what happens. The Pirelli-F1 contract is only good for the next season, and then it's anyone's guess after that. For personal use or business use of Pirelli, I'm not concerned much either way. Pirelli has been an answer to a question I never asked. Nothing they offer or have offered has ever been a standout for any of my business or personal vehicles, either from a performance, availability, or pricing standpoint.

P4 has been outstanding for business on towncars in my case. Nothing is indispensable though.

LOL, you folks better take a full inventory of all your clothing and household goods and their country of origin.

Might take a look at all your electronics and car parts as well.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Well, we'll see what happens. The Pirelli-F1 contract is only good for the next season, and then it's anyone's guess after that. For personal use or business use of Pirelli, I'm not concerned much either way. Pirelli has been an answer to a question I never asked. Nothing they offer or have offered has ever been a standout for any of my business or personal vehicles, either from a performance, availability, or pricing standpoint.
I had P6s on several SAABs and liked them. A lot better than the Badyears they were shipped with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back