Help on how NOT to park your car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she's 77 and is in DC.

My BiL will not parallel park. When we have gone out to eat he'll get out and let me park. Of course it allows me to use my "man you Asians can't drive..." speech.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
And walks off without leaving any notification on the vehicles that she hit....

She doesn't have to notify anyone...and you can't sue her either!...she has "Diplomatic Immunity".

I had a friend of mine in D.C. whose car was backed into by a Congressional Member's limo and they said, "Meh...pound sand...we have Diplomatic Immunity. Report it to your insurance company if you like".

Ed

As a former DC resident, that is actually a decent parking job... she is mostly out of the travel-way, did not park in an intersection, not next to a hydrant, not over the curb, or blocking another vehicle. That would not even in my top 10 "bad" of the week. There was once a Merc that would park 1/2 in an intersection 2-3 times a week DURING rush-hour (On Reservoir near Chain Bridge). No amount of tickets/tows stopped them. And who leaves notes in DC? That is some outdated notion of the rest of the uncivilized county... because I was "dinged" twice and road-rash is just another DC landmark.

And she is not in charge of running the US, DC does not get representation (thus taxation without representation). She is a NON-VOTING delegate. Don't blame DC,it is the rest of the country that sends their village idiot to the city.

Now, I was almost run over by Donald Rumsfeld when I had the right-of-way in a pedestrian crosswalk. I am surprised I was not droned before the black SUV nearly hit me.

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko

She doesn't have to notify anyone...and you can't sue her either!...she has "Diplomatic Immunity".

I had a friend of mine in D.C. whose car was backed into by a Congressional Member's limo and they said, "Meh...pound sand...we have Diplomatic Immunity. Report it to your insurance company if you like".

Ed

Diplomatic immunity applies to foreign diplomatic personnel living in the US. Members of Congress do not qualify.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko

Ed

Diplomatic immunity applies to foreign diplomatic personnel living in the US. Members of Congress do not qualify.

I'm sure you're right, but at the time, it was enough to intimidate my friend to just report it to her insurance company.

frown.gif

Ed

I'd think in this age of cameras on phones, elected officials would be the best drivers.

It's not in their political interest to try and use their position to get out of the consequences of their inability to drive.

It's not like congress is rated higher than used car salesmen when it comes to public opinion.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
why not get someone to drive you ??? Don't they get pay like 6 figures?

Six figures is barely above "working class" in DC. Not as bad as some places in Cali for cost of living but a 600sf apt ran me nearly $2K a month in an older non-luxury but well kept building. "Affordable housing" is $300K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back