To Auto-Rx, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there were definitely a few compensated posters (possibly some are still getting free product) but i don't think he was one of them.
The problem is with products like this that supposedly take many thousands of miles to do anything is they require an oil change when first using it.

Would just two or three short OCI do the same job? I can tell you PP, PP, Mobil 1, etc can have a real cleaning effect all on its own.
Now take another product put it in the oil and do a compression test immediately before and after, that's where you will see results that can be attributed directly to the product.

Are all the people claiming it worked for them lying? No, i don't believe they are but just a couple of oil changes may have had the same effect and they attribute this to the product.
Some others are just outright stretching it.
JMHO

I say don't bother with it. I got 3 bottles, made no difference.

Put that extra money just to paying the couple bucks upcharge for whatever is your favorite top of the line synthetic (when on sale) for your next few oil changes instead.

Originally Posted By: raytseng
I say don't bother with it. I got 3 bottles, made no difference.

Put that extra money just to paying the couple bucks upcharge for whatever is your favorite top of the line synthetic (when on sale) for your next few oil changes instead.

X2, get a top notch high mileage oil and good oil filter instead and just do a few short runs, say, every 1,000 miles or so and dump the oil for a fresh fill. Always works for me when a clean up is needed.

I tested Auto-RX and Kreen last year or two and barely got any cleaning. And I ran it back to back.

Originally Posted By: Donald
MMO probably never works.

I found that to be exactly the opposite. Go figure, and that's after using both products.

Edit to add: Before you attempt cleaning your engine, make sure it needs cleaning, or save your time and money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back