Anybody looking forward to Baseball Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my ticket for the preseason exhibition game of the Giants versus the Athletics at AT&T Park on April 3rd. It would be something if the Giants were to win the World Series again this year!

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Im Just looking for winter to be over in NJ i dont care about baseball

Are you still digging out? Man!

hotwheels

I enjoyed the royals vs giants last year. Dont know anything about baseball but it did help KS economy. I stick with the Montreal Canadiens ice hockey and thats about it.

Nope, I find baseball boring, and tedious, to watch, but also even when I played it as a kid.

I don't watch any pro sports anymore, only a bit of college
ice hockey, and occasional college football.

I actually play tennis and find it more entertaining that sitting in front of the tv watching.

Was 2010 1st championship since moving huh. But no not looking forward to baseball, n Idk why played 6 years growing up.

Edit: I didn't realize how bad SF was since the move, cubs fans though OMG probably be in OKC in 2095 for their streak be over.

Last edited:
Me! Loved the game when I was a kid...then the baseball strike made me vow not to watch. Took about ten years, but here I am enjoying it again....

Looking forward to seeing my O's in the WS this year!
smile.gif

I like baseball and used to watch A TON! Had season tickets years ago to the Mn Twins in the Metrodome (
37.gif
) It was a dump, but man, was it LOUD!

Been to Giants games in both old & new stadiums. I like that new one.
smile.gif

I watch a little now, but nothing like I used to... They (and NFL players) make too much money, IMO, and I will not financially support that.

Nothing better than a warm summer night sitting on the porch with Brewers turned on radio and Bob Uecker calling a game.

It now costs a fortune to take a family of 4 to a game. Parking, souveniers, tickets, food and beverages can sometimes require an entire Mom or Dad's paycheck these days.

I still follow the game religiously, but from my rocker-recliner in my living room, enjoying the Detroit Tigers on Cable TV. Even a TV package to see the Tigers costs me an additional $20 per month on my cable bill.

I am fine with paying that. But I would never financially support the lavish lifestyles many players enjoy today. That's why I quit going to Tigers games four years ago. No more will I help pay for yachts, mansions, private planes, resort homes overseas, several foreign sports cars, diamonds-galore.....etc....etc... that I know one Tigers player has today. We have several players that live in this fashion.

Not with my money........ no sirreee!

Only time I watch baseball is world series, and that is only the final game. Do not enjoy going to the games, too expensive and game is just plain boring. I do attend my Grandson's games though. Those games are fun to watch. Nothing like watching a bunch of 8 year olds play.

All these baseball guys are on Steroids or HGH or some kind of performance enhancer. I lost interest. See ARod aka AFraud

I am a proud Chicago Cubs fan. I am always looking forward to a new season and hopefully the generations long drought will cease.

But normally by June the Cubs season is over.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I am a proud Chicago Cubs fan. I am always looking forward to a new season and hopefully the generations long drought will cease.

But normally by June the Cubs season is over.

The Curse of the Billy Goat? I'm not inclined towards superstitious beliefs, but I may make an exception in this case.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
It now costs a fortune to take a family of 4 to a game.

Not in Canada, our Toronto Blue Jays have very reasonable prices on tickets. I bought a 15 game flex pack for this season and ended up paying $12 per ticket! The seats are good too, 2nd row 500 level on the first base line. I have similar seats for the July 4th game in Detroit and for that game we paid $40 per ticket! And last year we went to Yankee Stadium to see the Jays play and also paid about $30 or $40 per ticket.

My wife and I bring our own food and we have found a nice little parking lot that's just a ten minute walk from the Skydome and it's only $10 on weekends and only $4 on weekdays! So it doesn't cost us very much at all.

So in total we are going to see 18 games this season, and most of the rest of the games I end up watching on TV or listening to on the radio. I'm a huge Blue Jays fan, I started going to their games the very first year they were born, in 1977. It was a blast seeing them win the 92 and 93 World Series and they probably would have won it again in 94 if it weren't for the strike. I think they finally have put together a team that can win again, if not this year they'll do it in the next five years for sure. They have a lot of young talent that show a lot of promise and their pitching staff is amazing.

I faded away from baseball last season since I am in southern California and Time Warner has a choke hold on the Dodger games and if you dont have TW, then you get no games. I might catch a game or two on Fox with the Saturday games they broadcast but certainly not as often as I used to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back