Squeeze all the life out of your oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all part of a increasingly smaller world. Shouldn't we all use ONLY what we need? I bought a bunch of $1 Penzoil Ultra and plan on running it 10k or more.

35.gif

If I could find pu for 1$ per litre I would buy and run it for sure. But it's more like 15$ a litre here so I can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: oliveoil
We are all part of a increasingly smaller world. Shouldn't we all use ONLY what we need? I bought a bunch of $1 Penzoil Ultra and plan on running it 10k or more.

Don't know about all the "we are the world" horse [censored].

The man is manipulating your thought process there.

He's not sweating an extended OCI on his Learjet on his trip back to Hyannis Port.

But you did select a high quality engine oil at a killer price.

Its your car, go right ahead! I will keep doing 5K OCI's with synthetic. It all depends on your driving style, going 10K worth of city driving / short trips is foolish.

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
I would like to purchase 100 qts. 0f ultra at $1 per qt. Where do i send my check?

Autozone, just a few months ago.

Originally Posted By: oliveoil

No....Toyota says 5000

but your car is being unused over 95% of the time. If you're trying to get on a high horse, be consistent and get on the largest problem first.

Last edited:
Getting the most use out of any consumer item is laudable. You don't want to waste food or clothing, either. But the motor oil you use is a minor portion of the fossil fuels it took to manufacture the car in the first place. And the motor oil is recyclable!

The best thing for the environment is to not drive a car at all. But in the real world the best thing you can do is keep the car maintained so it runs as efficiently and safely for as long as possible.

Not me, i change it at 3K or 5K depending on how long it sits in the sump, i use synthetic only. The old oil i give away to a guy for his waste oil furnace, no harm no foul.
This past winter it cost him nothing in fuel oil from all the waste oil he collected (not just from me) so he used less natural resources.

I wouldn't do it, not with the driving patterns my vehicles see. Besides none of my owners manuals suggest going 10K on an OCI. But hey go for it if it makes you feel you're doing your part. My oil gets recycled and that's how I do my part.

There is no reason to change your oil at any arbitrary value if it is still serving its purpose well. If it "wears out" in 3000 miles, change it. If it is still good at 9000, leave it for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back