Can someone identify a part for Stihl KM110R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope someone knows what this part is called or even better .. where to purchase this part.

I have a Stihl KM110R with both the straight shaft Trimmer and the straight shaft Edger attachments.

Inside the Trimmer attachment shaft is a center rod which contains a tiny metal cap at the very end of the rod and when one inserts the attachment into the upper half, this little metal cap prevents the coiled rod end from damage as it locks into place and is tightened.

The Edger shaft rod tip has lost this little part so am attempting to figure out if I can purchase this tiny item (no more than 10mm length and 2mm width).

This little metal cap is similar to the end push cap of a ballpoint pen, where you press it once to expose the pen tip and press again to retract the tip. I mention this only to highlight how small of a part this is.

I have visited two local Stihl dealers and even when I show them this little metal tip at the end of the center rod they have no idea what it is. As there is nothing wrong with the rod itself inside the Edger I am hoping to avoid unnecessarily buying the entire rod just for this small item.

km110r.png

I've got the exact set up as you do. I think I understand what you are trying to describe however I'm not sure it's detrimental in the operation of the trimmer. I've got several attachments incl the straight edge trimmer and the little push button you are describing is useless.

Unless I'm thinking of something else, I'd just continue on using the trimmer.

edit: let me go pull the manual.

Last edited:
I think you might be referring to the stop pin. Mines been broken on the trimmer for a couple yrs. Not sure what purpose it serves but if thats what you are refferring to, keep using it, you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back