Oreilly's car wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a pretty content user of Meguiars exterior shampoos, specifically UW&W and GC. Just curious how something like the Oreilly's Auto store brand car soap would stack up against Meguiars cheaper line (Deep Crystal) soap?

Generally speaking, you end up using more of the cheap stuff to get the same suds and cleaning of the more expensive stuff. Don't have any experience with that particular product, though.

I would put my money on the opposite.

I would think the cheaper stuff would be more aggressive and further on the scale towards dishwashing soap (aka dawn) which is also cheap. The "cheapo" person doesn't have a really well detailed or waxed car and just wants the results of seeing all the dirt come off.

Ironic? You're paying more for the premium product because it cleans "worse" (more gently).

Last edited:
I used it a long time ago on a whim. It works, but like the cheaper stuff it does not feel as slick or rich as something like gold class.

I used almost all the car washes from cheapo to expensive and never really could tell enough difference to justify paying more. I use the best waxes and cleaners but use whatever car wash is on sale.

Any car wash is better than dawn or any of the other stuff that people use. The difference between high end and the cheaper options will be the lubricity and any conditioning agents for additional shine. Also, more expensive car washes are also higher concentration so you ultimately save more money per wash versus cheaper options. For a few extra bucks I would use a higher end wash like Meguiars Gold class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back