Anyone Use Dorman Trans Pan on Ford 4r70w?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried the Dorman Transmission pan with drain plug on a Ford 4r70w?
If so, how has it held up and is the build quality any good?
It sure is at a good price point compared to a Ford "U-Haul" pan. I am interested in this pan for the ease of draining, and containing the mess when doing a pan drop.

For those not familiar, it is Dorman 265813
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=4502505&cc=1199583&jnid=433&jpid=0
about $25 at rock auto

So on the 4r70w, there is a car that had a drain plug from the factory. I think it was an E series van.

This looks the same as that part.

Get an oem filter also.

Well, I can't speak specifically about the 4r70w, but I installed one on my SS about a year ago. I love it so far, no problems of any kind. Hopefully someone will chime in with the exact answer you are looking for.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
So on the 4r70w, there is a car that had a drain plug from the factory. I think it was an E series van.

Get an oem filter also.

That is what I was referring to with the "U-Haul" Pan. Ford did offer a pan with built in drain plug from the factory, and U-haul ordered them for almost all Ford products with this transmission, thus giving the pan that nickname

Originally Posted By: AjsGarage
Originally Posted By: JustinH

Get an oem filter also.

That is what I was referring to with the "U-Haul" Pan. Ford did offer a pan with built in drain plug from the factory, and U-haul ordered them for almost all Ford products with this transmission, thus giving the pan that nickname

I literally had one ready to go on my mom's Grand Marquis when it was murdered, the car, so I ended up putting it into stock at work. Sold it to some dude that was like wetting himself he was so excited we had it in stock and I knew what he was talking about.

I have a dorman pan waiting to go on the avalanche. I just have not had time to do it. The drain bolt looks much better than the stock one. The stock bolts never come out.

Last edited:
Never knew about Dorman or it may simply didn't exist when I was looking for one. Have had U-Haul pans from a Ford dealer on 4 towncars. Stopped buying them when Mytivac made all this unnecessary. Never had any problems with the pans. The original gasket is good for a few lifetimes.

Has anyone tried the Dorman Transmission pan with drain plug on a Ford 4r70w?
If so, how has it held up and is the build quality any good?

I ordered one a Dorman 265-813, received it last week. Going to have it installed on my 07 Linc TC. 4R75E Trans,in the next couple weeks hopefully. IT is same pan as the 4r70w & 4r70e. The Dorman pan w/drain plug is very well built and heavy steel, drain plug appears well bonded to separate welded in small plate, with back-up nut welded to the plate. & the pan is epoxy painted black outside & inside. Was a little worried that is painted on inside of the pan, that would or could flake off internally, The rep where I purchased fron(CARPARTS KING) SAID THE INTERNAL PAN PAINT/COATING WOULD NOT EVER DISBOND, WAS GOOD FOR 450F..hope he is right,

Any way I plan to have a full fluid exchange with pan removal / replace with the Dorman Pan & new internal pan filter & also add an in-line Microfine (Original) to the trans 4R75E return line. Then with additin of the new pan with drain will make for easier pan drains & fill in future. Thanks hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back