:~) there are still honest folks out there !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped @ grocery way home, got the full week's run, including a 12 pk of Dos XX Amber. Got home, no Dos XX. I hair brained it and must have left it in the bottom of cart, even pushing said cart into the caddy in the lot and not noticing. Long day at work.

Called the store, "Umm.... yeah. I was just there through checkout lane 12 and had gotten a 12 pk of Dos XX Amber and...." "Yes sir, we have it. Our cart guy gathering the lot just turned it in to the service desk, you can pick it up tonight before 10!"

Woo Hoo !!

How many Dos Equis did you have before the trip?
smile.gif

If you found a hundred dollar bill on the street outside a grocery store are you going to give it to lost and found at service desk ? How about tens of thousands in a grocery bag ?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
If you found a hundred dollar bill on the street outside a grocery store are you going to give it to lost and found at service desk ? How about tens of thousands in a grocery bag ?
Karma...

Great post!! It's refreshing to read stuff like this verses all the other nasty stuff going on in our world. Two of my kids work for a locale grocer and I would like to think that they would do the same.. Enjoy your beer..

I found a wallet once in the supermarket and gave it to the store manager.

There was cash and credit cards inside, zero interest in taking it.

I found someone's cell phone one day and called the local service provider with the phone id number on the back of the phone and they sent the owner my address. She came by and picked up her phone and offered me money. I refused and she left happy. Why would I want to steal someone's phone. Ya gotta play fair if you want to live a decent life.

Not sure who the OP thought would be dishonest. Have some faith that most people are just like you.

If it's the cartguy:
Why risk your job over $10 worth of stuff.
There's a saying if you're going to steal, steal big.

If it's other people:
Who's really going to drink beer found in the parking lot. That's where psychopaths leave random stuff to poison people or infect them with Ebola-measle-aids for lols. Look at the people in this forum. They go paranoid over foil caps not being on oil that goes in their car, let alone something they're going to drink.

If it's the store:
Store isn't going to risk losing a customer who's going to spend god how much time telling their friends how they got ripped off over $10 either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
Not sure who the OP thought would be dishonest. Have some faith that most people are just like you.

If it's the cartguy:
Why risk your job over $10 worth of stuff.
There's a saying if you're going to steal, steal big.

If it's other people:
Who's really going to drink beer found in the parking lot. That's where psychopaths leave random stuff to poison people or infect them with Ebola-measle-aids for lols. Look at the people in this forum. They go paranoid over foil caps not being on oil that goes in their car, let alone something they're going to drink.

If it's the store:
Store isn't going to risk losing a customer who's going to spend god how much time telling their friends how they got ripped off over $10 either.

Believe me,petty internal theft is why most idiots get fired from their job. Back in my retail days I knew people who'd get fired over a $1 piece of candy. Pathetic!

The OP doesn't always drink beer. But when he does, he lets it age in the parking lot
smile.gif
seriously though, awesome story. It's the worst feeling when something like that happens, because you automatically assume that item is stolen/gone forever.

My mom and I bought beer and left it under the cart in the lot. I was (barely) underage and brought the receipt in, told my sad story, and got a replacement 12-er.

The clerk must have figured if I was old enough yesterday, I was old enough today.
crackmeup2.gif

I found a cellphone in the woods once at "The Desert of Maine" (look it up.) I called a contact listed as "Dad" with it and let him know to contact his child or children and see if their phones were intact, and to inform the one missing theirs it was at the gift shop.

I found a wallet with half an inch thick wad of paper money, ID, the works at a Pink Floyd concert. I turned it in to a roadie souvenir trailer vendor. Wonder if that one made it home.
whistle.gif

1) Dear Mom left her purse in the baby seat of a cart in a grocery store in Hackensack.
She got home and freaked. She called the store and they had the purse.
She gave the desk person a $20 for the cart lad. I do hope he got it.

2) I indulged in a deadly, fattening breakfast in a well known fast food chain. I found a fold of money on the floor.
I picked it up, covered it with a napkin and ate. A girl came in 20 seconds later whipping her head around violently.
I pointed my index finger to the napkin on the table. It took the girl 5 or 6 seconds to see my hand.
She lifted the napkin and mouthed the words "thank you". I felt like a superior life form.

Now let me tell you about the stuff I've stolen....that makes me feel like a crud. Kira

I've turned in 5 wallets, and about 15 cell phones.

Now I did find a couple 20$'s stuck in a melting snowbank that I pocketed.. no way to determine any kind of ownership or how long they were there.

All wallets were turned in 100% how I found them.

Integrity and honesty are key.

When I was a young pup in retail, it wasn't rare at all to see another get booted for some minor, stupid theft. You hope they learned a lesson, but hard to say if it was the end of it...or the start

I found a bag of diamonds, now I'm living somewhere in the South Pacific... I dream a lot sometimes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back