Pedestrian rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who finds that pedestrians are very stupid!?!?
whistle.gif

For example: I go to a 4 way stop sign and after everyone passes there is my turn when I am halfway through the intersection a stupid pedestrian decides to to start crossing while playing with his phone and having headphones(earplugs to be exact) . I tried flashing my high beans then honking to see if he reacts and the guy didn't even flinch.

Funny enough I noticed a cop right behind me turning left, he was pretty amused too
shocked2.gif

No wonder insurance is so dam expensive up here.
08.gif

They will probably have to tell the devil they had the "right of way"
laugh.gif

They do have the right of way. The point will be driven home the first time you hit one. Shake your head, laugh it off, let them cross, and be safely on your way.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
They do have the right of way. The point will be driven home the first time you hit one. Shake your head, laugh it off, let them cross, and be safely on your way.

They do, once they are dead. Not so much

I have seen tons of people not paying attention to the road.

I mean if I had kids I would tell them not to cross the road while playing with their phone while also having isolated headphones on.

Last edited:

I agree with everything 200%!

It's amazing how slooooooow people walk. I want to get where I am going!

Many people have an entitlement personality. They don't need to even look when they step out into the street. Besides, looking might interrupt their train of thought or distract them from a phone call or a text message. You'll just have to realize that as a driver you might just be in their way. The only way you will be able to tell if they know you're waiting is when they slow down or stop in front of you. Just remember, don't run over them.

Someone gets nailed almost every day here. Just because you have the right of way does not mean you can throw caution to the wind and step off the curb and hope the cars stop.

When I cross the 4 way stop sign intersection I always look all 4 corners before step down onto the street. During the walk I still looking around to make sure no vehicle is going to get on my way, if they do I stop and let them go though. Get hit by any vehicle isn't fun, even at speed less than 10 mph.

In San Francisco we have had a law for a few years that requires any motorist to wait for a pedestrian in a cross walk to cross the street, even if the pedestrain is crossing a multi-lane street with an island in between and has just stepped off the curb on the far side. The fine for not waiting is $250.

hotwheels

Oh. In that case, mow 'em down!
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
How about the people crossing in the crosswalk but taking their time. Or they drop their keys and you cant complete your left turn till they are across and on the curb.

If they get run over,they have it coming imo. We were taught something in kindergarten called "Stop,look,and listen". You can't fix stupid.

Also, a lot of people never made it through basic physics.

2 tons of steel vs soft, squishy human. Which is going to win?

Vehicles don't feel pain. They don't hurt. You (in the general sense) do.

I will surprise those playing with their smart phone if they do something really stupid, like slow way down or stop in the middle of the street. It makes them mad but, I just smile. Ed

I almost hit a guy yesterday jay-walking across a 3 lane, 6 lane total with median, 45mph area.

I looked down at my instrument cluster, it was the first long drive out in my F150 in a month, and when I looked back up There he was!

I hit my breaks and swerved, he kind of jumped and went from a walk to a run. I think everyone around me got a good look at it. By the time it was over the folks in the other 2 lanes had really slowed down. I guess they saw him before I did and began to slow down.

Considering how my truck is a little on the tall side, lifted a bit with larger tires, he wouldn't of stood a chance.

you good sir are a winner! this is also very true up here. unless the person was wearing all black and j walking. Then you would be only getting a ticket.

The fact of the matter is the pedestrian has the right of way and if you hit him you weren't paying attention of your surroundings. As much as I have wanted to give someone a love tap I can't
smile.gif

I get that they have the right away but my 5k pound truck cannot stop from 30-0 in 20ft, sorry physics and all.

They should not have the right away, it gives the morons a false sense of security thinking they can walk whenever they feel like it.

OTOH in big cities like NY they do enforce jay walking, and you can't walk with ear buds in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back