DTD Pricing, will it increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get some tires in 185/60R14 size for an Aveo, and was checking out the Cooper CS3 Touring from DTD for $65 per tire - $40 Cooper rebate, and $40 instant DTD rebate ( http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do.. )

The DTD instant discount ends tomorrow.. Is that something that comes and goes, or should I jump on these ASAP? I'm thinking the winter tires should stay on for at least another month here in New England..

Problem is places like TownFairTire refuse to mount NEW tires bought elsewhere, so I'd be looking at another $60 to mount them, instead of $40 if the tires are used
mad.gif

DTD typically has the best deal around major holidays (I bought on Thanksgiving and Presidents Day). Some deals require you to use their "no interest for 6 months" credit card (which doubled my rebate).

I'd buy the tires if you feel the price is right then worry about mounting at the proper time. Walmart will do it. Slimy ghetto gas stations will do it. Remove from your mind the desire to only go to chain stores.

DTD has a list of places that will mount tires you buy from them. Local shops either need to be part of the program or loose out. A lot of tires are being sold on the internet.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I'd buy the tires if you feel the price is right then worry about mounting at the proper time. Walmart will do it. Slimy ghetto gas stations will do it. Remove from your mind the desire to only go to chain stores.

Heck, if you wanted to spend the time, you could get some irons and mount them yourself! Might be worth getting them balances afterwards though.

Just came from a Discount Tire Store. They priced matched a tire I was looking at on a Online Tire store. SO they came down like $19.00/tire. I just showed them the website in the store. They factored in shipping (14.00/tire) then included that in their price.

Last edited:
I don't know if prices will go up at DTD but I do know that America's Tire / Discount Tire is probably the most accomodative of the chains I've used with price matching and little price perks for mounting / balancing by buying through DTD, etc. which surprised me.

I stopped using Tire Rack when it was over $50 dollars freight to ship a set of tires with pricing that was about $5 more per tire for my last set. I've never bought a set of tires at DTD that didn't have free shipping and I have the local America's Tire install them.

So you'd get twenty bucks off of each $65.00 tire?
This is a no-brainer.
Any Walmart or indie will gladly mount and balance them for less than twenty bucks a corner.

Didn't end up pulling the trigger, and the additional $40 instant rebate has now passed.

Not sure if the vehicle will be in the stable much longer, so we'll look for some used tires to run in the mean time.

Originally Posted By: spavel6
Didn't end up pulling the trigger, and the additional $40 instant rebate has now passed.

Not sure if the vehicle will be in the stable much longer, so we'll look for some used tires to run in the mean time.

Looks like the $40 instant rebate is back at DTD for another week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back