PP Euro LX 0W-30. VI 204.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Pennzoil Platnium Euro LX 0W-30 will soon be available in NA:

We know darned well we're not going to see that anywhere in Canada, aside from, possibly, a dealer or a Pennzoil-Quaker State approved SOPUS distributor. They have absolutely no interest in supplying anything except 5w-20, 5w-30, and 10w-30 PCMOs to Canadian Tire and Walmart. Heck, you'll find SAE 30 PYB easier than this stuff.

And, if you do find it, Delvac Elite 222 0w-30 will be half the price. And you can get that in a case of 12 one litre bottles, Caterham.
wink.gif

I don't disagree with you but then I have no problem sourcing/using difficult to get/expensive motor oils. For example I'm using Sustina in one car.
I've already spoken to my local Shell distributor and in addition to being available in quart bottles will also likely be available in (you may like this) a 22.7L eco-pack.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
It could be my next oil, save for the 3.5 HTHSV (in the winter, at least), and the low SAPS (but then it would not be a Euro oil would it?).
frown.gif

My interest in it will be for blending purposes.
Yes it's low SAPS for clean diesel applications but the phos' level is not low for an SN oil; probably around 800 ppm like M1 ESP 0W-30.

I've already spoken to my local Shell distributor and in addition to being available in quart bottles will also likely be available in (you may like this) a 22.7L eco-pack.

That's decent. The local SOPUS distributor is only allowed to carry Formula Shell and Rotella. However, NAPA does get to carry the eco-packs, and it would be conceivable for them to carry this product, and the Pennzoil-Quaker State distributor isn't terribly distant.

The cost of this Pennzoil LX 0W-30 oil will determine if it is worth it vs the Pennzoil Ultra Euro L 5W-30 for VW 507/MB229.51 applications.

The price of the Pennzoil Ultra Euro L is so competitive right now that one would have to be able to demonstrate some measurable fuel economy gain with the 0W-30 LX flavor (vs the Ultra Euro L) to justify paying a premium for a fancier GTL light duty diesel oil.

UPDATE:

I took delivery this morning of a case of six 1 qrt bottles of this PLATINUM EURO LX 0W30.

(Of course it is expensive but not crazy as I paid $10.68 cdn per bottle + taxes).

My concern is that nowhere on the labeling does it say it is 507.00 approved only that it exceeds the requirements of 504.00/507.00:

I had visions of using this oil for our new 2015 GSW but not now until I see documentation showing official approval.

(I am confused i.e. in NAmerica is this Pennzoil EURO LX just a rebadge of the Shell Helix 0W30?)

Well that didn't take long. We were told it would arrive in March and it finally arrives in August. At least we've got it (I had my doubts for a while) and the price is not bad.

A Shell technician I spoke to said the oil is formulated in Europe, so yes this would appear to be rebadged Shell Helix Ultra 0W-30.

The Cdn part number for the 6 quart package is
550043042-6 and 550042994-24 for the 24 quart eco-pac.
For our US friends the US part # is 550043041-6 and can be ordered through a Shell/Pennzoil distributor.

So the next step is to get a VOA done on this new oil to see how well it actually matches up to the PDS info.

Pennzoil Platnium Euro LX 0W-30 will soon be available in NA:

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_GTDS_Pennzoil_Platinum_Euro_LX_SAE_0W-30_Fully_Synthetic_Motor_Oil_%28SN_C2_C3_OEMs%29_%28en%29_TDS.pdf

This link is no longer active.

But this should work:

PP EURO LX 0W30 TDS

Last edited:
I'm going to guess it's starting TBN will not be that great, due to it being a low SAPS Euro oil??

According to the Pennzoil Team it is 8.7.

Originally Posted By: EWPE
What about VOA and UOA after 10k miles?

The plan is to put in this oil in the car this week; VOA soon after and finally UOA next August.

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
I'm going to guess it's starting TBN will not be that great, due to it being a low SAPS Euro oil??

According to the Pennzoil Team it is 8.7.

Thanks.

Not too bad, but I was hoping for better (at least 10 or 11) to deal with winter fuel dilution, slower warm ups, etc.

Hopefully, it's TBN retention is very good!

The plan is to put in this oil in the car this week; VOA soon after and finally UOA next August.

PP EURO LX 0W30 now in the sump and virgin sample at the laboratory today (Friday August 14).

PP EURO LX 0W30 now in the sump and virgin sample at the laboratory today (Friday August 14).

Where did you actually buy this, at a SOPUS distributor??

Yes I ordered it through a Shell distributor(Canada).

(It is manufactured in the USA but is it yet available to purchase in the States...through a SOPUS distributor?)

Last edited:
A Shell technician I spoke to said the oil is formulated in Europe, so yes this would appear to be rebadged Shell Helix Ultra 0W-30.

The TDS for each of these oils is identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back