Yamalube specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - would anyone have specs (ie. VI, HTHS, TBN, etc.) for Yamalube oils, particularly 10w40 mineral? I'm trying to compare values with other MC specific oils. Thanks.

If you search around on here I am relatively sure there are some UOA/VOA of it floating around on the site. The general consensus is that Yamalube is just like any of the other makers brand oil....decent stuff, but usually sold at a higher price than it should.

I think you would be better served by Valvoline 4T if it is available in your area.

Last edited:
Yamalube_D44049.jpg

That's basically a dino car oil at $6 - $8 perquart, at your favorite dealer. $3 perquart at the local walmart under a different brand.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. Would anyone have HTHS and TBN values as well?

I'm curious to compare those specs with dino Rotella T.

You're welcome... I checked my notes and did not find HTHS and
TBN... search Yamalube and find their Material Safety Data Sheet
which is required public information by law... you might find the
items of interest...

Im not sure where all the bike dealers get off on charging soooo much for basic oil but ya its just BASIC oil. Kawasaki wants $22 a gallon for a conventional oil. I know Yamalube is very expensive per quart too and Ive never seen it in a gallon. Id use their oil exclusively in my bikes IF it was priced well but of course not. Rotella T for $10 less... ya Im sticking with that. Obviously these bike manufacturers have to be aware that Rotella is taking a HUGE chunk of their business right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back