The X-Files is returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox has decided to bring The X-Files back in form of a limited 6-episode series. Duchovny and Anderson are on board, with creator Chris Carter as show runner. Hopefully the Lone Gunmen and Skinner will be also back. I have high hopes for this project.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
William B. Davis, who played The Smoking Man is still alive and could make an appearance.

hotwheels

He sure is, and has recently played a minor role on Continuum, a SyFy channel series that should be returning for a new season here soon.

Originally Posted By: fredfactory
William B. Davis, who played The Smoking Man is still alive and could make an appearance.

hotwheels

He sure is, and has recently played a minor role on Continuum, a SyFy channel series that should be returning for a new season here soon.

I've never seen Continuum, but it gets really good ratings. I'll have to check it out.

hotwheels

Looking forward to it. I have all the seasons with Duchovny, I watch random episodes from time to time. I hope a quality product is created at the end with the same aura as the original.

Originally Posted By: fredfactory

hotwheels

I've never seen Continuum, but it gets really good ratings. I'll have to check it out.

hotwheels

http://www.tv.com/m/shows/continuum-2012...y-141808953970/

Show is up on Netflix, first season was good, somewhere in season 2 it really jumped the shark, but I'm sticking it out to see where they take the story. Season 4 will be out sometime this year, but only 6 episodes. But at least they know that going in, and can give it a real ending, instead of a season ending cliffhanger.

My recollection of x-files is that it got a little monotonous and paranoid, two things that really draw down my energy.

But since there are several people here who find it exciting, I'd be interesting in learning what it is that you could not get enough of. Was it Scully?

Fox has decided to bring The X-Files back in form of a limited 6-episode series. Duchovny and Anderson are on board, with creator Chris Carter as show runner. Hopefully the Lone Gunmen and Skinner will be also back. I have high hopes for this project.

hotwheels

I'm very excited! I loved this show and I generally don't like television. I have a feeling that they have scripts that were created back before the show was canceled that never were produced, we'll be seeing those, but only six episodes? Why not a full season?
I watched every single episode during the original run. They have to have the original actors involved or it just won't be a good product.

Originally Posted By: Evanson
My recollection of x-files is that it got a little monotonous and paranoid, two things that really draw down my energy.

But since there are several people here who find it exciting, I'd be interesting in learning what it is that you could not get enough of. Was it Scully?

I found the show simply superbly entertaining due to interesting characters and story lines. I also liked the main conspiracy story that was threaded throughout, but unfortunately the last two seasons did not resolve the recurring alien invasion theme satisfacorily. I just read an article that addresses why The X-Files became such a phenomenon. You can read this article here.

hotwheels

The chemistry and harmony or lack of harmony between Scully and Mulder, they looked like a real couple.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu

The chemistry and harmony or lack of harmony between Scully and Mulder, they looked like a real couple.

They sure were a good match in terms of pesonality and mutual attraction, while philosophically being at different ends of the spectrum.

hotwheels

I used to love the X-Files! I loved the sensation of being kept in suspense the whole while the series, from episode to episode, never went anywhere.

We(the viewer) never saw anything(except an occasional shadow) and they(Mulder & Scully) never answered any of those age old long standing questions(in our minds) nor, did they ever solved anything!

Then, the next episode would start all over again. I would be glued to the TV set, awaiting my next suspenseful sensation!
laugh.gif

I don't think that the return of the X-Files will have the same effect on it's audience, the 2nd time around!

I wish them well!

i would rather see a new cast, possibly a remake using the same plot
the cigarette smoking man was my favorite and i like steven x williams

The story arc about the alien black blood controlling the world was a little over the top. I liked the standalone episodes, like the one with the bugs. About 35 minutes in, just before a commercial break, they made it look like a cockroach was crawling on the (viewer's) screen.

Gillian Anderson was just on "Top Gear", she's still smokin' hot!
20.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: zach1900
Scully was my first crush;

Hahaa, not my first, but definitely one of them.

If you like Gillian Anderson have you seen 'The Fall'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back