New Midsize Sedan Without Direct Inject or CVT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Chrysler 200 V6,Chrysler 300/Charger/Challenger.

That's about the only other choice, I think, and 2015 is your last chance for them.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Chrysler 200 V6,Chrysler 300/Charger/Challenger.

That's about the only other choice, I think, and 2015 is your last chance for them.

Yup, i read the same thing. That leaves the Camry.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
The Accord V6 has a conventional automatic and I'm fairly certain the Earth Dreams V6 is not DI.

Correct: the Accord's V-6 is not direct injected yet. This V-6 in other Hondas has direct injection, but it's not in the Accord yet. And the transmission is Honda's 6-speed automatic.

Yep, 200.

ours is the previous generation and still has a power steering pump too.

I don't know what's going on with that ZF 9-speed. That seems a little excessive on the ratios. I hope they did a better job with the ratios. Our 6spd seems a little weirdly spaced. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Aisin in my old Mazda.

If you really want bare bones, the base Versa sedan has midsize interior volume with manual crank windows and a 6MT. Seat cushions, doorpanels, etc...are all really cheap and flimsy, but the price is cheap.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Accord Manual Shift? Are all 4-cyl Honda already DI?

I don't think that all Honda 4-cylinder engines have it, but the 2.4L in the Accord has direct injection, yes.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Man, this is going to be a tough one and I am stumped! Yes, the Camry. Is a 4 cyl your only engine choice?

No, I think the Camry V6 is not direct injection either.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
The Accord V6 has a conventional automatic and I'm fairly certain the Earth Dreams V6 is not DI.

Correct: the Accord's V-6 is not direct injected yet. This V-6 in other Hondas has direct injection, but it's not in the Accord yet. And the transmission is Honda's 6-speed automatic.

But the Accord V6 has VCM...

See if you can find a leftover Passat 2.5.
21.gif

If you like manual transmissions, just go drive an Accord Sport and pretend it has port fuel injection.

I can understand CVT dislike but i think Honda has this DI system down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back