San Francisco dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I think about moving to San Francisco. Maybe somewhere like about 48th Avenue and Lawton Street. There is a beautiful beach there. And that is just 11 blocks or so from the San Francisco Zoo. And there are all of these nice bike trails.

And maybe drive to Pacifica sometimes, and do some fishing from the pier there. And there is a Lug-N-Jug there where sometimes people drive by in beautiful classic cars. A Lug-N-Jug at 100 Clarendon Road, in Pacifica. Some people own these beautiful classic cars.

And maybe be a volunteer for the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy. I could probably do a lot of photography.

And there are lots of nice places to eat. A person could stay healthy with all of the nice food.

And there are lots of places in the city and outside of the city where there are a lot of photography opportunities. The Golden Gate Bridge and so many other places.

But then I think of all the earthquake danger and the high cost of living and I change my mind.

Last edited:
Aaah, California Dreaming... Im more of a Creque Alley (been there plenty of times) person myself.

Well, there is that also. He is roaming around there somewhere. He thinks so highly of himself a lot of his photos have his shadow in the photo. Or at least that is how highly one of his personalities thinks of himself.

But I probably would not run into him. He spends a lot of his time on the computer. Can you imagine spending all that time on the computer in a place like that?

Last edited:
Earthquakes aren't so bad. Cost of living? Now that's the real California nightmare.

Oh, and the taxes...and the convicts being let out of prison early every other week...and the traffic...and the pollution...and the water shortages...

Last edited:
There are all kinds of museums. Even old warships that would be cool to see. There is an old aircraft carrier from WWII there in California. Since my uncle served on an aircraft carrier in WWII I would be interested in that. And I think the old Battleship Wisconsin is at Redmond California.

There is a beautiful garden there also. And a person could go to the nearby beach a lot, and drive to the pier and beach at Pacifica.

And not so far away mountains and of course other cities to see.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Earthquakes aren't so bad. Cost of living? Now that's the real California nightmare.

Oh, and the taxes...and the convicts being let out of prison early every other week...and the traffic...and the pollution...and the water shortages...

Now that water situation is getting really bad. And the traffic is bad and pollution. And the high taxes and high cost of living.

Since we're talking about dreaming, if I were to consider living in San Francisco, I'd need a million or so more than I have now and would live near China Beach, on Seacliff Ave with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

That's based on my limited exploring of the city, and there are probably some other great neighborhoods, but views of the Golden Gate bridge are always breathtaking in person and I don't think I would ever get tired of it.

But of course, if I had the funds to live there, then there are any number of places to choose from around the world. These are some of the places I'm familiar with but of course there are many places I have not been to as well that I should probably explore if I was considering a move eg Denmark seems very attractive.

Coronado San Diego
Malibu or Santa Monica
Sarasota city and surrounding Keys, FL
Istanbul
Barcelona (with membership of the soccer club!)
Marbella
Sydney
Singapore
Shanghai
Mumbai

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Are you coming out of the closet????

If you mean am I gay, no I am not gay. Do you have to be gay if you live in San Francisco? There are just regular people living there, right?

SF is one of the most beautiful and expensive cities in the world. A wonderful place to live if you have serious money, I'd say 2+ million $ minimum in the bank. Without serious cash it will bleed you dry pretty quick. I would live in Tiburon right across the bay from downtown SF but I can't afford it.

Last edited:
That is what I was thinking. Maybe live somewhere outside of the city but close enough, where maybe it is cheaper to live. But probably too expensive even outside of the city, right?

It depends on where you are coming from.

If you are coming from one of the cheapest places in the US and have median income, then almost anywhere in California is going to be too expensive for you.

And while major US cities seem expensive, international cities are far more expensive.

Need lots of money to live there. I drove through it once and couldn't find a place to park if I wanted to. Nowhere to park, people crossing the road in front of you, and the hills! Oh the hills! You'd have to be an absolute pro to drive a stick shift there, or at least have a clutch after 1,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Are you coming out of the closet????

If you mean am I gay, no I am not gay. Do you have to be gay if you live in San Francisco? There are just regular people living there, right?
I think that might be a requirement for San Francisco. Been through there more then a few times and I think it's pretty freaky myself. Now just north of there is more my style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back