China car company copies VW New Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they import a car that is cheap, runs well and holds up it will sell.

At one time people said everything Japanese is junk and no one in their right mind would purchase a car made in Japan. That did not last very long.

At one time people said everything from Korea is junk and no one in their right mind would purchase a car made in Korea. That did not last very long.

Everyone says that everything made in China is......

Oh, and don't forget India.

Originally Posted By: 6starprez
Hyundai and Kia have been doing it for years with their large cars looking like Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar.

LOL

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Lots of folks on here are proud to buy chinesium.

Yup
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
If they import a car that is cheap, runs well and holds up it will sell.

At one time people said everything Japanese is junk and no one in their right mind would purchase a car made in Japan. That did not last very long.

At one time people said everything from Korea is junk and no one in their right mind would purchase a car made in Korea. That did not last very long.

Everyone says that everything made in China is......

Oh, and don't forget India.

Yup. How quickly people forget.

It actually angers me how they do this! It's a complete lack of imagination really... And everytime there's a lawsuit against it the Chinese government steps in and says they look nothing alike! This was the case with the recent Range Rover Evoke knock off and a few other copies before.
Just awful and they wonder why no one outside of Chine can take their vehicles seriously enough to consider buying one, unless you're pretty stupid that is as well as a penny pincher

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
I bet an empty Coke can holds up better in an accident.

I'll take that bet.

Hyundai and Kia have been doing it for years with their large cars looking like Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar.

Huh?
Really?

Um, which specific models look like them?

Originally Posted By: KzMitch

Huh?
Really?

Um, which specific models look like them?
Kia Amante on top, Mercedes E Class on bottom

dr31ad.jpg

s29wy9.jpg

That's right, the Amanti resembled the E-class. I thought it was the S-type Jaguar. The Kia K9 looks like a Jaguar in the front and a little BMW in the rear.

The Hyundai Genesis looked like a Mercedes when it first came out.

China is changing. The problem is that they've been told for so long that the "Capatalists" are evil. They belived it for years, until they realized that HEY! I like to be able to buy what I want. They are slowly figuring this out. Keep in mind that Yokahama had a tire factory in China a few years back but closed it as the Chinese Yokahama Tires kept failing. I work at a hotel and over the last few years chinese students have been coming here to learn American Business.

One day, soon, people will say if you want a reliable good car look to China.

Senior citizens will remember that everything from Japan was junk. Today Japan represents quality. What a change.

And after China, next will be India.

The car market will start coming down to meet the new middle class that can't afford the current status quo and it's going to be China and India that lead the way to support the new American economy.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
One day, soon, people will say if you want a reliable good car look to China.

Senior citizens will remember that everything from Japan was junk. Today Japan represents quality. What a change.

And after China, next will be India.

The car market will start coming down to meet the new middle class that can't afford the current status quo and it's going to be China and India that lead the way to support the new American economy.

That won't happen anytime soon b/c of lack of QA

Just yesterday I saw what I thought was a Subaru BRZ / Scion FR-S (shared platform Subaru/Toyota) but it had a Hyundai badge on it. I mean it looked almost identical, at least from the rear angle in traffic ahead of me in the other lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back