Radiator leaking after tranmissn job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The radiator has to come out the bottom? That's crazy. You'll probably have to remove the splash shield that's between the bumper and the engine.
that's a good start. Its a real pain to do a rad on that car. I charge $400 just for labor,throw in another $160 or so for the new radiator. 13 yrs is very good. Most don't make it past 7 yrs

I thought I had found an oem radiator (F5RZ8005AB). Now it seems that I need YS2Z8005DA which is much more expensive. YS2Z8005DA is for Cougars with a/c. Maybe I should go aftermarket. Any suggestions here?

You're gonna need hose clamp pliers for the upper and lower radiator hose and you're gonna need push pin pliers for the splash shield. That car more than likely uses the Mubea constant tension type clamps.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Originally Posted By: ET16
I called the shop, and the mechanic who did the work said that he didn't touch the cooler lines. Oh, well...

lol, of course they didn't otherwise they would be replacing it for free. Even if he did or didn't I am not surprised given the age of the vehicle. Unfortunately items like that start to degrade so there is a good chance that they were on it's way out anyways.

Still the shop should fess up and be honest about touching it, and true it is 13 years old...but still. Actually they wouldn't be replacing it for free because age causes failures and they should be expected. This is reason ONE why I don't trust auto repair shops.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
You have a 2002 cougar w/o ac?

No, the car has a/c.

Originally Posted By: asand1
Koyo is good. Japanese company with Chinese production.

I can't seem to find a Koyo. The part # is A1719, but is not available anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back