Apple watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mystic
If I posted any photos here Mori (the guy who keeps coming back with new user names) would add those photos to his collections. He has a lot of photos that were posted here by many, many guys. I don't want my photos to be in his collections.

That's sicko behavior right there.

But anyway, it sounds like you've got some fantastic photography gear and it's a pity not to share your photos.

It sounds like you went to a museum recently(?) and you probably have some real gems. I know you're afraid of this person taking your photos but so what? They are just museum pics. What could you possibly lose if someone else "stole" them?

But we could gain a lot and maybe so would you.

I am not accusing you of anything, but this Mori guy is probably currently using several user names (even having conversations with himself just for laughs) and sometimes using brand new user names.

And I bet I know more about him then he will ever know about me. And he thinks he is a professional photographer but he is not, and as far as I know he still lives in a crowded apartment building. If he was a professional photographer there would have been articles about him in photography magazines, and he would have been interviewed at least once by a newspaper reporter in San Francisco or on television.

So he can try to impress us by having several user names at a motor oil website.

Understood Mystic. You don't want to share photos when there is a thief around. Makes perfect sense.

My photos are nothing special. I don't even take many let alone share them, but I'm proud of this one. What do you say, in your professional opinion?

CAM00328.jpg

I am not a professional photographer. I do not make false claims and I do not use proxy servers or the Tor Network to come back to a website after being banned. I am the same person online that I am when I meet somebody and talk to them person to person.

I will always strive to be a decent, honorable, honest human being. It is possible, but not likely, that this Mori guy will understand some of that by the time he is older. He may have a few regrets about how he has lived his life.

As for your photo, you asked me to judge it so I will. It is a good photo, but many people could take a photo like that. I can take a photo like that. Ever see the photography of Graham Clark? A great photograph is like a great painting. Many people can do water color paintings or oil paintings. But people can tell a great painting when they see it.

To me your photo looks too busy. Too crowded with unnecessary detail. A great photograph would draw a person in and the photograph would immediately stand out. The photograph would tell a story.

If the cliffs alone had been photographed along with the dramatic sky there would have been more power to the photo. The photo is too busy.

You asked me to judge the photo so I did.

Yes I did. And do you agree or disagree with my evaluation of the photo? Go back to that place and photograph just the cliffs, hopefully when there is the same dramatic sky. Perhaps even better, photograph those cliffs during the magic hour right before sunset. Or during sunrise. When there is still enough light but the light has more reds and yellows and oranges.

Give the photograph a soul. Make it alive. Make it speak.

What do I think about your evaluation?

I think it's fundamentally flawed because you have sought to evaluate the photo without any pause to consider context.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/03/16/b...intcmp=features

"All-day battery life is based on 18 hours with the following use: 90 time checks, 90 notifications, 45 minutes of app use, and a 30-minute workout with music playback from Apple Watch via Bluetooth, over the course of 18 hours."

But other scenarios have much shorter battery-life estimates.

For example, the “Audio Playback Test” yields only 6.5 hours of battery life and the “Talk Time Test” only “up to 3 hours,” according to Apple.

Maybe more surprisingly, though, the “Workout Test” yields just "up to 6.5 hours" using an "Apple Watch and software paired with an iPhone...with a workout session active and the heart rate sensor on," according to the tech giant.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/03/16/b...intcmp=features

"All-day battery life is based on 18 hours with the following use: 90 time checks, 90 notifications, 45 minutes of app use, and a 30-minute workout with music playback from Apple Watch via Bluetooth, over the course of 18 hours."

But other scenarios have much shorter battery-life estimates.

For example, the “Audio Playback Test” yields only 6.5 hours of battery life and the “Talk Time Test” only “up to 3 hours,” according to Apple.

Maybe more surprisingly, though, the “Workout Test” yields just "up to 6.5 hours" using an "Apple Watch and software paired with an iPhone...with a workout session active and the heart rate sensor on," according to the tech giant.

I can't figure out how Apple can get away selling this watch if these battery life tests are correct. I don't understand why people would buy it. In the very least, intelligent people should wait until the battery is improved.

But wait-'You can be connected 24/7! All young people today are connected 24/7 unlike the old people! The old people just do not understand!' Only problem is with battery life like that guess you can't be connected 24/7. And personally, I don't need to be connected 24/7.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the kids don't talk anymore, they - gasp - text, so 3 hours talk time is plenty.

I'm not considering an Apple watch, primarily because I don't currently wear a watch nor have an iphone, but it certainly looks very clever and usable.

https://www.apple.com/watch/technology/

I think they may have a hit here. The charging looks simple enough but I expected they would have made it wireless so you could just set it down on a charging pad on your night stand.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Yes I did. And do you agree or disagree with my evaluation of the photo? Go back to that place and photograph just the cliffs, hopefully when there is the same dramatic sky. Perhaps even better, photograph those cliffs during the magic hour right before sunset. Or during sunrise. When there is still enough light but the light has more reds and yellows and oranges.

Give the photograph a soul. Make it alive. Make it speak.

shuttermadness i would say.
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back