what is the upper limit on a detailing job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful detailing job on a late model Audi R8; $3500; worth every penny!! I used to always wonder when professional detailers post some of their amazing work about the cost of such a job. Most of them are too smart and refused to divulge the numbers. This person might have been a newbie and actually disclosed the amount. As expected, many participant in the thread dropped their excrement after knowing the number.

What is your limit?

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Have you seen this?

Exactly what I thought of when I read the first post. Thanks for linking to the video.

If you don't plan on driving it after, just collect and want to maintain resale value, it seems acceptable to me

Coatings such as CQuartz Finest and Modesta have really pushed the traditional boundaries of what detailing jobs can cost.

Pretty much all of the CQuartz Finest jobs that I've seen are starting in the four figures range. The product itself has a MAP requirement and then there's often 15-20 hours of correction that is done (at 50-75/hr) before the product is installed.

One item to keep in mind is that people would normally be paying 4-figures for lousy work at a dealership for one of their paint protection packages. They're better off spending the same money for a product that actually works.

What your record so far, Mike?

20150306_114748.jpg

20150308_135215.jpg

The link is to "other" foum

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284916

$3,500!? Just take it to the $3 car wash, what's the worst that could happen!?
crackmeup2.gif

When I had my old Camry and didn't care about my car's paint I would take it there and I'd see brand new cars there, some BMWs too.

Vikas,

Your link goes to a sign in page to register.

I've followed Windows & Wheels for years. This brother and sister team are top shelf and meticulous beyond belief. Their write ups on some forums are entertaining, very well done, and their work is beyond reproach. I would be proud to have them detail my car......if only I could afford it.

In Dubai it is not uncommon to pay 10,000 pounds (& beyond) for a detail of your supercar. That's just shy of $15,000 for today's rate of exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back