Favorite Beer threads of 2013 combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some Franziskaner at a local beer store here. Still as great as ever, though as usual it's better when served on-tap. Otherwise, blue moon and blue moon summer honey wheat-ale is doing well for me. Ohio doesn't have quite the craft scene that upstate new york does, sadly. Haven't seen any ommegang around sadly, though did find some Bells oberon at a local pub, which made me happy.

This Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier is absolutely fantastic! Just grabbed another case of it and may grab another as they'll stop stocking it soon and I like to have enough for the next few months on hand and to share with friends.

I really like IPA's. Being in San Diego I have the benefit of being near some top class breweries like; Stone, Hess, Green Flash, and Ballast Point just to name a few.

My "go to" beer that I almost always have in my fridge is Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA. My absolute favorite though is Ballast Point Sculpin, never had a bad time downing a pint!

I had a bottle of Ayinger Celebrator double bock, one of my favorite dark beers, earlier today. The blue spring sky was enough reason to celebrate.

hotwheels

No alcohol and no glass are allowed on the beach, according to "their" rules. But I drank the beer really quickly and I didn't leave the bottle or even the cap on the beach. I'm sure someone would like to report me to the authorities and get his tax money's worth.

hotwheels

Enjoying this and sometime tomorrow their "Dunkel"

11.gif

e67epf.jpg

Originally Posted By: car51
Never mind, I see its german

Always the German, LOL!! I have a great fondness for German beer
grin.gif

I just had Stone Farking Wheaton W00tstout, truly liquid bread. 13% alcohol imperial stout. Nice!

wootstout.jpg

Originally Posted By: BRZED
I just had Stone Farking Wheaton W00tstout, truly liquid bread. 13% alcohol imperial stout. Nice!

wootstout.jpg

Man that is one serious looking brewski!!
20.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: BRZED

wootstout.jpg

Man that is one serious looking brewski!!
20.gif

You bet. Really good stuff. Two of them is enough for me.

I had an Old Coast #38 Irish dry stout from Cali with my bison cheeseburger yesterday. I liked the brew so much I had two more afterwards and had the wife come and get me. Excellent stout, if anyone is interested. I took the picture before I tried the beer, so my foucs was on the food, because I was hungry from having skipped lunch. Had I had a sip of beer first, I would have made the bottle the main subject.
20.gif

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/408/

140chma.jpg

I'm into the Oktoberfest stuff again!!!
grin.gif

Currently got a few funky bottles of the local SmithWorks offering, it is FANTASTIC!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back