Where to buy Sustina 0W20, and best filter for Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Catherham. The price on eBay is about $75 for a case of 6 quarts. That seems to be the only way I can find it.

Although I'd like the best price on the oil, cost isn't that big of a deal. I figure a long OCI makes the cost pretty reasonable anyway. I put a lot of miles on cars, and this one will be no different. I'm open to TGMO or the M1 EP. I guess I'll just watch this can of worms I've opened play out a bit more
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
Why not keep things simple by getting Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 at almost 1/2 the price at Walmart for $26.68 per 5-quart jug without all the hassle of shipping and hunting all over the U.S. or Canada for Sustina?

M1 EP is not an ultra high VI oil.
Honda spec's a very high 0W-20 for the Fit. If the OP wants to use such an oil in the States he has only a few choices including TGMO, MGMO, SynGard and the premium priced Sustina.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
If it's not available at your local Napa, they can ship it there from the Napa warehouse.

The 'corporate' stores don't carry it, and CANNOT get it from their supplying warehouses.

Some on here have said that their local, independent owned NAPAs either have it on the shelf, or can order it in, but I've NEVER seen this in my area.
frown.gif

If amazon is out of stock on it (as they usually ARE
mad.gif
), Matrix Synthetic Oils also carries it for about the same, even after shipping, vs. higher initial cost and free over $35.00 purchase shipping at amazon.

fourside, I would check your local Toyota dealer and see what kind of price you could get on TGMO by the case. $75 seems very pricy when you have other options that are just as good.

I would Use EP M1 for long drains, but if i wanted a very High VI oil i would get TGMO from a Toyota dealer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Honda spec's a very high 0W-20 for the Fit. If the OP wants to use such an oil in the States he has only a few choices including TGMO, MGMO, SynGard and the premium priced Sustina.

Got my interest piqued now, how do they spec those oils, and what's the wording in the manual that would send the owner after them ?

Originally Posted By: fredfactory
Originally Posted By: zpinch

Where do find that Fram Ultra's are 80% efficient @ 5 micron??

901Memphis got that from a Fram rep that used to post. I read that post too. Fram always says 99% at 20 microns, and the Ultra does have double layer of synthetic filter cobwebs. The Fram rep was looking at bench tests.

That Fram rep is pulling your leg, you cant have 80% @ 5 micron.

Originally Posted By: fourside
Thanks Catherham. The price on eBay is about $75 for a case of 6 quarts. That seems to be the only way I can find it.

Although I'd like the best price on the oil, cost isn't that big of a deal. I figure a long OCI makes the cost pretty reasonable anyway. I put a lot of miles on cars, and this one will be no different. I'm open to TGMO or the M1 EP. I guess I'll just watch this can of worms I've opened play out a bit more
laugh.gif

TGMO is also being supplied in bulk to Toyota/Lexus dealers and some members have gotten some pretty sweet deals on getting some empty five quart jugs filled.
Honestly, with the way you use your car in your climate if you can't get a deal on some TGMO I'd just go with the cheapest 0W-20 you can find and be happy.

TGMO is also being supplied in bulk to Toyota/Lexus dealers and some members have gotten some pretty sweet deals on getting some empty five quart jugs filled.
Honestly, with the way you use your car in your climate if you can't get a deal on some TGMO I'd just go with the cheapest 0W-20 you can find and be happy.

Agree. In a mild California climate no need to go extra mile for TGMO or Sustina, any 0W20 will do.

Given that unscrupulous dealers have been known to fill some member's bottles with their bulk, and not the elixer, safer to stick to something known, in a bottle, IMO.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Given that unscrupulous dealers have been known to fill some member's bottles with their bulk, and not the elixer, safer to stick to something known, in a bottle, IMO.

Say it ain't so, unscrupulous dealers, I'm shocked I say, shocked
shocked2.gif
!

Whimsey
grin2.gif

And their cars...

Can you tell the difference between bulk 5w30 and TGMO... didn't think so.

Sealed bottles / jugs ... then you REALLY know what's actually going in your engine...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: geeman789

And their cars...

Can you tell the difference between bulk 5w30 and TGMO... didn't think so.

Sealed bottles / jugs ... then you REALLY know what's actually going in your engine...

With that attitude you'd never want to risk having the dealer changing the oil or doing anything for that matter.
It's easy enough with some basic due diligence to confirm you're getting the oil you expect.

A Toyota or Lexus dealership has much more at stake than to try and make some additional profit using a cheap bulk dino instead of the specified synthetic; it's just not going to happen.

This is not the case in Canada but apparently US Toyota/Lexus dealers can choose to source the
bulk oil they use from another supplier such as Castrol for example. So the 0W-20 they have on tap may be an API 0W-20 but not the Mobil made TGMO. So simply asking the parts or service mgr if their bulk 0W-20 is the Mobil made product with a genuine Toyota part number should be easily confirmed. And a reputable dealer should also be happy to show you the actual Toyota 0W-20 stenciled drum the oil is pumped from.

Originally Posted By: geeman789
Synthetic oil change scam...

http://kxan.com/investigative-story/oil-change-shops-caught-cheating-under-the-hood/

Trust , and auto repairs don't always go hand in hand...

Great find! Thanks. Interesting reading. Notice, one oil shop used Royal Purple syn oil. You'd know by just looking if its purple or not. Also, Castrol Professional OE syn oil has a flourescent dye added to it to identify it. Otherwise, a UOA can reveal stuff, like if the oil has boron in it and we know Valvoline Synpower doesn't have boron, and Valv uses a lot of sodium others oil don't, etc. Clues are there. Compare them to PQIA website for example. If I don't see Titanium in my oil and they SAY they're using Castrol syn, then there is a problem, another example.

A Toyota or Lexus dealership has much more at stake than to try and make some additional profit using a cheap bulk dino instead of the specified synthetic; it's just not going to happen.

Most shops are worried about employees ratting them out if they pull cheap substitutions tricks.
Whole thing reminds me of a big sting operation out on the east coast somewhere last year where a bunch of bar owners were caught refilling bottles of expensive vodka with cheap vodka etc.

Makes you just want to go to Walmart, DIY it all, and hope that container is sealed, as rumors are some employees at Walmart have swapped PYB conventional with PP syn in the back, and put the PP back on the shelf with PYB in it!!!! Look for the seal everybody.

Makes you just want to go to Walmart, DIY it all, and hope that container is sealed, as rumors are some employees at Walmart have swapped PYB conventional with PP syn in the back, and put the PP back on the shelf with PYB in it!!!! Look for the seal everybody.

Hard to believe this can happen.

Most shops are worried about employees ratting them out if they pull cheap substitutions tricks.
Whole thing reminds me of a big sting operation out on the east coast somewhere last year where a bunch of bar owners were caught refilling bottles of expensive vodka with cheap vodka etc.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3517235/TGMO_0W-20,_9,950_mi_on_oil,_2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back