What size Magnefine inline filter - 2004 Buick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I want to put a Magnefine inline transmission filter on my 2004 Buick Lesabre with 4T65e. It comes in 3/8", 5/16", and 1/2". What size will fit my car? Do I put it on the return line to the transmission or doesn't matter?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: GerGa
Hi guys, I want to put a Magnefine inline transmission filter on my 2004 Buick Lesabre with 4T65e. It comes in 3/8", 5/16", and 1/2". What size will fit my car? Do I put it on the return line to the transmission or doesn't matter?

Thanks

Most likely 3/8. Yes you would install it in the RETURN line back to the trans as close to the trans as possible.

A side note, make sure you get your MF on line from there site as others from say NAPA,ebay,etc,etc are fake MF and could fail.

Hard to put one on these transmissions, all the lines i looked at are hard lines, best bet is to make sure you get the only good filter made for these which is an Allomatic and the last USA made quality filter.

If you can get the magnefine to work id be interested in pictures.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Hard to put one on these transmissions, all the lines i looked at are hard lines, best bet is to make sure you get the only good filter made for these which is an Allomatic and the last USA made quality filter.

If you can get the magnefine to work id be interested in pictures.

The Magnefine website sells connectors to attach their filter to metal lines.

Originally Posted By: daman

Thanks

Most likely 3/8. Yes you would install it in the RETURN line back to the trans as close to the trans as possible.

A side note, make sure you get your MF on line from there site as others from say NAPA,ebay,etc,etc are fake MF and could fail.

I am not sure I believe that the ones from NAPA and EBAY are fakes. I have bought ones from both places you mention and I doubt they were fake. If I owned a factory in China and wanted to make knock-off car parts, it would not be Magnefine filter for $15 a pop.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: daman

Thanks

I am not sure I believe that the ones from NAPA and EBAY are fakes. I have bought ones from both places you mention and I doubt they were fake. If I owned a factory in China and wanted to make knock-off car parts, it would not be Magnefine filter for $15 a pop.

Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back