STUPID new Coke fountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be a pain when a busy place only has one machine. Besides that the new machines are so much better. I

I talked to a guy while he was filling one up. The syrup cartridges are so much easier and quicker to change, The C02 is more consistent, and there are less parts to keep clean. If people are annoyed that is tastes like the flavors are mixing it could be 2 things. The nozzle not being cleaned like it should, and the syrup not completely exiting the line.

I always run a small squirt of the flavor I want before filling the cup and I've never had it taste like flavors were getting mixed. Vey rare;y have I experienced on that lags, but with all the extra options for flavors they can offer now the new machines have way more pro's than cons.

Oh just an update on the price, it's $300 per month to lease. With the old method, you had to buy 5 gallon syrup bags and they're about $78 a box which you can buy at Costco or Sam's. Some articles seem to indicate that they can be as low as $50 per box, must be on a large volume basis. The cost per drink is around the 25-30 cent range not including refills. The more ice they use, the less syrup so the more they make per drink. That's why they love to stuff it full of ice. The cartridges are 46 oz and cost $45-$50 each and there are about 20 of them in the machine.

http://www.pdco.com/node/88289

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Oh just an update on the price, it's $300 per month to lease. With the old method, you had to buy 5 gallon syrup bags and they're about $78 a box which you can buy at Costco or Sam's. Some articles seem to indicate that they can be as low as $50 per box, must be on a large volume basis. The cost per drink is around the 25-30 cent range not including refills. The more ice they use, the less syrup so the more they make per drink. That's why they love to stuff it full of ice. The cartridges are 46 oz and cost $45-$50 each and there are about 20 of them in the machine.

http://www.pdco.com/node/88289

Thanks for the link. Profit center! always ask for no ice.

I like the new machines, only issue is in a busy place and only one machine.

Main problem I've had are slow or unresponsive touch screens. Kinda' annoying when you have to wait 5 seconds for something to happen.

Self-serve fountains always appeared unsanitary to me.

I have given up soft drinks (both sugared and diet) late in 2013 so a fountain drink at the fast food places was a treat for me. But now I find that fountain drinks give me ferocious and immediate skidders. Yeah, TMI
eek.gif

It's just as well. Since giving up soft drinks I've lost over 25 pounds.

I just order a bottle of water now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back