Craftsman Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh...Even a Snap-On screwdriver would probably break if you used it to pry something. Use a prybar next time.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Craftsman tools used to be made with pride in western MA, now they're made in China...probably in a factory that looks like this. Sears still charges the same for them, though...

YUP! That's what the factory looks like that made the computer you are pecking on.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The annoyance is when people bring in a bucket of stuff that you know came from a yard sale where he paid $2.00 for the bucket full. And you have to replace

How do you tell his yard sale bucket from my 10 year collection of broken Craftsman that I finally get around to bringing in?

Screwdrivers are supposed to take stuff apart. You're trying to take stuff apart. I don't know why everyone has a hair across their [censored].
wink.gif

I'd just be glad you didn't skewer that half-driver through the palm of your hand. I've almost done some neat self-surgery when the tang broke off my knife when cutting viscous cheddar cheese.

That's why they make cheese cutters/graters.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Screwdrivers are supposed to take stuff apart. You're trying to take stuff apart. I don't know why everyone has a hair across their [censored].
wink.gif

I'd just be glad you didn't skewer that half-driver through the palm of your hand. I've almost done some neat self-surgery when the tang broke off my knife when cutting viscous cheddar cheese.

Ive been thinking of the Craftsman warranty.

How about you try to return a ratchet under warranty, but in order to do so you must buy its worth in other goods. Seems this would ward off abuse and still give the customer a good/fair deal.

Turn the handle over and see if it has WF imprinted. If so it was made in Colorado Springs.
1024px-Western_Forge_Craftsman_Professional_screwdrivers.jpg

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
It is a craftsman professional, made in the usa. I dont believe I will warranty it for moral reasons, plus i have 4 others from HF which I probably should have sacrificed first. I bought it in a set for around $30 and they work okay. The handle feels good but i'm a hobbyist and do not know the difference between craftsman professional versus other USA brands, but what i've read they are middle of the road.

Sears is supposedly going under in the not so distant future. Sears has accountants that figure in warranty claims for whatever reason into the price they sell tools at. It's not like your trying to warranty a broken chromed socket used on an impact wrench.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
It is a craftsman professional, made in the usa. I dont believe I will warranty it for moral reasons, plus i have 4 others from HF which I probably should have sacrificed first. I bought it in a set for around $30 and they work okay. The handle feels good but i'm a hobbyist and do not know the difference between craftsman professional versus other USA brands, but what i've read they are middle of the road.

Sears is supposedly going under in the not so distant future. Sears has accountants that figure in warranty claims for whatever reason into the price they sell tools at. It's not like your trying to warranty a broken chromed socket used on an impact wrench.

sears has been going down in flames in a long slow death spiral. still doesnt make me want to defraud them.

I found the new Proto Duratek to be decent. As always, quite a few small annoyances, but it is a good line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back