EMGO Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently picked up a older Honda motorcycle that hadn't been started in years. I got it to fire, and want to get the filters replaced before I run it anymore. I already found an oil filter, but the air filter is being a lot more difficult. I searched through the companies I am familiar with, Purolator, Baldwin, Wix, Fram, etc, but am not having any luck. The only brand that keeps popping up is EMGO. Since I have never heard of them before, I am wondering if anyone else has?

EMGO

I would consider EMGO to be a quality motorcycle filter manufacturer.

They are likely not stellar in any way, but quality. The local independent shop stocks/sells lots of their products... especially for older bikes.

Another option might be HiFlo.

Depending on what the bike is, they might be your only choice, outside of an OEM filter.

Thats what I needed to know, thanks! Didn't want to use something that was going to let more garbage in than it would catch.

Running embodiments pods on the xs850 in my sig. I did from the rubbers to open up the ports on my constant velocity hitachi catbs but otherwise they seem pretty decent. No idea of actual filtration ability.

EMGO doesn't make anything. They are a distributor who sells under their own name or any name you want on the item. They've been around a long time with a good reputation.
http://www.emgo.com/index.php/about-us

It is possible that the EMGO labeled filter is made by Hiflo. I've seen that before. In any case, go ahead and run the EMGO filter. It'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back