What is the F for in acdelco part numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy filters in bulk usually wix from fleetfilter but their prices are getting high when you add in s&h.

So I looked at rock auto they have acdelco duraguards but I noticed the numbers have a F like ph61F or ph63F anybody know what the F is for?

Any place besides fleet filter with good deals on wix or baldwin filters that has reasonable s&h? I need a case of ph52's, 61's and a few 63's or equivlents and a couple other odds and ends.

It is a very technical thing.

Parts guys refer to were the F is the Part, there is none on F shelf.

Who the F is in charge of the delivery.

It usually boils down to the new guy giving the F.

As Seniority builds, they usually drop the F in the nomenclature.

Then no F is given.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Falken
It is a very technical thing.

Parts guys refer to were the F is the Part, there is none on F shelf.

Who the F is in charge of the delivery.

It usually boils down to the new guy giving the F.

As Seniority builds, they usually drop the F in the nomenclature.

Then no F is given.

I thought the "F" stood for Falken!

JK
laugh.gif

CB

Originally Posted By: Aerojoe
I buy filters in bulk usually wix from fleetfilter but their prices are getting high when you add in s&h.

So I looked at rock auto they have acdelco duraguards but I noticed the numbers have a F like ph61F or ph63F anybody know what the F is for?

Any place besides fleet filter with good deals on wix or baldwin filters that has reasonable s&h? I need a case of ph52's, 61's and a few 63's or equivlents and a couple other odds and ends.

Keep in-mind the AC Delco PF 61s (not the junk Ecore 61E) are the only ones I can find without an ADBV. That;s why I stick to AC Delco PF 61s with my Chevy Colorado. Using them eliminates any chance another brand that fits, will eventually be faulty with a bad drainback valve.

At one time, several years ago, Baldwin made an equivalent PF 61 without the ADBV. But I'm not sure they still do. I wish all vehicles were like this.....manufactured with vertical-standing oil filters.

Last edited:
I see no downside to using an ADBV filter in an application that originally spec'd not having one. The ADBV won't hurt a thing, and if it fails you are simply back to the original filter that didn't have one anyway.

I definitely wouldn't want to use a non-spec filter that had an integrated bypass when the spec filter didn't though.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
At one time, several years ago, Baldwin made an equivalent PF 61 without the ADBV. But I'm not sure they still do. I wish all vehicles were like this.....manufactured with vertical-standing oil filters.

My knowledge about older GM parts is a little bit outdated, so keep that in mind. Is the Wix 51069 an acceptable cross in your application? I know the actual specified Wix that crosses to the PF 61 does have a silicone ADBV, but the 51069 should be ADBV free, but also bypass free. For Baldwin and Hastings, I'm not sure. I'd have to physically check next time I'm out and about.

... Any place besides fleet filter with good deals on wix or baldwin filters that has reasonable s&h? I need a case of ph52's, 61's and a few 63's or equivlents and a couple other odds and ends.

I don't know if this will help or not, but Baldwin filters can be ordered through the website www.peterbiltparts.com. Grainger also sells them. There's another website where they can be ordered, but I cannot think of it right now.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
It is like the Motorcraft B12 filters where the filters come in packs of 12 with no packaging?

Are they identical to boxed filters with no box?

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Wix shows #51522.

I know the 51522 and 51069 have the same threads. The 51522 has the silicone ADBV. What I don't know, and can't check right now thanks to Wix being down, of all things, is whether or not the 51522 has a bypass. The 51069 certainly does not, so that would be the concern. If you have a bypass in the block, you're probably okay. If not, don't touch the 51069.
wink.gif

Thankfully, the Wix filter site is back up. Unfortunately, we have a problem. The thread size and pitch is fine, and the physical size of the canister is close enough, but the base plate will be a problem. The specified filter's gasket diameter is about half an inch smaller than the older style filter. So, we're back to square one. I can't think of any other manufacturer who would forgo the ADBV in this scenario. If Baldwin/Hastings have introduced them for the application, then just about everyone has, I suspect, aside from some filters one hasn't even heard of and probably wouldn't want to.

Not a problem. I just wish I could have obtained better results. I understand your position. You want a Wix filter that's bare bones like the one for the Chevy small block, since you don't need the ADBV or the bypass. You can't get it. For my G37, Wix changed the specified filter, so there's now a nitrile ADBV, rather than silicone, not to mention a higher price. So, I pay more for less filter. I want features, and they've yanked them. You want less features, and they give you a "bloated" filter.

Last time I ordered filters in bulk, I ended up buying from Rock auto.
You can get Wix in the "masterpacks" which is a case if 12, shrink wrapped in a cardboard case. $3.96 per filter plus shipping.
Don't know how that compares to Fleetfilter.

I think it means FLEET line oil filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back