Perplexing situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if Ive asked this before, but can you tell me why if you continue going north you will eventually head south BUT if you head west you will always be heading west?

Fyi: my flight instructor mentioned this to me a number of years ago- a very cool guy!

Is this a real question? Here is the deal: we live on a large ball. It spins on an axis that for the sake of argument runs roughly through the poles. When you pass through a pole, your direction changes. How can a person who does not know this take flight lessons?

Keep going until it's tomorrow then get the winning lottery numbers and come back.

Build a house on the South Pole (assuming that you don't fall down Admiral Byrd's hole), and all walls face North.

As to the mirror...light bounces from (say) your left shoulder to mirror, to eye, from top of your head to mirror to eye...It's not reversed...just you are seeing your left side on your left side...a person eyeing you off will see your left side on their right...which you can too with a right angle mirror.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Im not sure if Ive asked this before, but can you tell me why if you continue going north you will eventually head south BUT if you head west you will always be heading west?

If you head north, I doubt you will make it alive to the point where you will start heading south. It took Robert Peary eight tries. I am sure many were not so lucky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back