The 84K mile oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not sure that oil was in there for 84000 miles but it was for a long long time. That engine would have been dead before 50,000 miles and would be ticking and smoking before that. There had to be a lot of make up oil put into that engine also.

QSGB did this to that motor
smile.gif

Blackstone be like:

It's not unusual to find higher metals and silicon from the first sample. Universal averages show your sample returned higher wear after more miles. After a few more changes you'll see most of this break-in material wash out. TBN was a bit low - try 75,000 next time.

Until the sludge clogs up the oil pump intake who knows what damage there will be. Sludge collects in the quiet areas of oil flow. With 84,000 miles though the oil may not keep the parts separated.

This is why I don't buy used cars, my attorney's leased E350 goes back to the dealer at 40k with its factory fill as well...

If I was going to buy a used Audi or Mercedes even a low mileage one, seeing service records of at least the factory required oil changes would be a must.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
This is why I don't buy used cars, my attorney's leased E350 goes back to the dealer at 40k with its factory fill as well...

If I was going to buy a used Audi or Mercedes even a low mileage one, seeing service records of at least the factory required oil changes would be a must.

I agree. I got burned once; never again.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy

Smart economics, poor moral character. Right on par for most lawyers.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Atomic
Blackstone be like:

It's not unusual to find higher metals and silicon from the first sample. Universal averages show your sample returned higher wear after more miles. After a few more changes you'll see most of this break-in material wash out. TBN was a bit low - try 75,000 next time.

Haha that's AWESOME!!
11.gif

As far as used cars are concerned, depending on the make or model, you could just simply remove the oil filler cap to see if it's clean, varnished or sludged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back