posting pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for instructions on how to post pictures on the forum. Any help directing me to this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You need to get the picture hosted on another website and just put an "img" statement to pull it in. Try it out on the bottom forum "Testing". I use imageshack. There are many.

Its best not to just put a plain link to your picture(s) as many people (me) are not keen on clicking on links to who-knows-where.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
You need to get the picture hosted on another website and just put an "img" statement to pull it in. Try it out on the bottom forum "Testing". I use imageshack. There are many.

Its best not to just put a plain link to your picture(s) as many people (me) are not keen on clicking on links to who-knows-where.

If you hover the pointer over any link, the browser's status bar clearly shows the destination URL.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: Jehu
I'm looking for instructions on how to post pictures on the forum.

Step 1) Open up an account at one of the free image-sharing websites.
A list of them is found on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_photo-sharing_websites
Photobucket, Imgur, and Tinypic are the most popular that I know of.

2) Follow that site's instructions to upload a picture to that site. You will be given a URL (address) for the image. You then copy (highlight/swipe and Ctrl+C) that URL to your computer's clipboard.

3) Go to your BITOG message window and locate the "Enter an Image" square button at the top of the editing window.
(If you let your mouse hover over the little squares, you will get a "tool tip" that tells you the function of that little square)

4) Select "Insert a non-floating image" from the drop-down list.

5) Paste (Ctrl+P) your image-sharing URL into the dialog box.
Your image will appear where your cursor is, so make sure you position your cursor before pasting the link. You will notice that your new link begins and ends with . DO NOT accidentally alter the text of the link! Doing so will "break" the link!
[B]
6)[/B] CLICK THE "PREVIEW POST" BUTTON [B][U]BEFORE[/U][/B] YOU HIT "SUBMIT". This gives you a chance to fix silly mistakes before you display them to the world.
[B]It also gives you a chance to see if your image actually shows up!!! If not, you either damaged the link, or you copied-and-pasted the wrong thing.

7)[/B] Once you are satisfied with how your new message Previews, hit "Submit".

I appreciate your replies. I'll give Shutterfly a try.

Thanks again.

I don't think there is an easy way to share direct links to your photos from Shutterfly. Or at least I could not find it.

And don;t forget, if you have a yahoo email address, you automatically have a flickr account.

Photobucket works great for me:

LC200NoHeatSink_06FEB15_zpsfdyw1nhc.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Great! Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted By: Tegger

2) Follow that site's instructions to upload a picture to that site. You will be given a URL (address) for the image. You then copy (highlight/swipe and Ctrl+C) that URL to your computer's clipboard.

3) Go to your BITOG message window and locate the "Enter an Image" square button at the top of the editing window.
(If you let your mouse hover over the little squares, you will get a "tool tip" that tells you the function of that little square)

Your image will appear where your cursor is, so make sure you position your cursor before pasting the link. You will notice that your new link begins and ends with . DO NOT accidentally alter the text of the link! Doing so will "break" the link!
[B]
6)[/B] CLICK THE "PREVIEW POST" BUTTON [B][U]BEFORE[/U][/B] YOU HIT "SUBMIT". This gives you a chance to fix silly mistakes before you display them to the world.
[B]It also gives you a chance to see if your image actually shows up!!! If not, you either damaged the link, or you copied-and-pasted the wrong thing.

Originally Posted By: kalitys
Great! Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted By: Tegger

[B]

Btw I do not recommend photobucket b/c it is sometimes blocked by proxies as a social media site

Fixed,
Flickr doesn't have the direct link option so you have to edit the link but its still possible.

17071273572_58183f8cfe_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back