How many MAXLIFE users, and stories, thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to go there either. As always, the fanboys want an answer. Amusing how I can't tell my stories or thoughts without the fanboys getting their panties wadded up.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
I have nothing nice to say. I hate the stuff. I'd rather take the bus then soil my engine with an Ashland product.

Do tell, what makes Ashland products so bad? I am curious to hear what facts you would like to share.

You really don't want to get into that tale.

In regards to the OP . . valvoline maxlife is a very very good product. Their line of stuff from conv to synthetics is very strong. I also firmly believe Pennzoil line up is very good. Castrol is outstanding, Havoline very good to. Mof some notes.. Valvoline a bit low on TBN.. But good enough with reasonable OCI. Pennzoil has a big upgrade gap between yellow bottle and PP not to mention Ultra. Castrol is strong across the board.. And Havoline oddly enough their synthetic is not really significantly better than their conventional products. Many good products.. And maxlife is a very good choice.

I use a lot of high mileage oil. I've had great results with it stopping leaks in many vehicles I've tried it in, including a 1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula, a 1995 Acura Integra LS, a 2003 Chevy Malibu and a 1999 Pontiac Firebird. I generally don't bother with it unless there's an issue, however. MaxLife is the one I've used the most and had great results with, though I also had good results with Pennzoil HM. Mobil 1 HM did nothing for my leaks but I use it once the leaks stop.

FACT: I have nothing nice to say about MaxLife.
FACT: I hate MaxLife.
FACT: I rather take the bus than use MaxLife.

Did I share enough fact for you?

Do tell, what makes Ashland products so bad? I am curious to hear what facts you would like to share.

At least you are honest in this post that those are the only facts you have. I'll give you that.

FACT: I have nothing nice to say about MaxLife.
FACT: I hate MaxLife.
FACT: I rather take the bus than use MaxLife.

Did I share enough fact for you?

It is currently in the KIA's transmission, no issues for 3+ years it has been in there. Also have Maxlife 10-30 oil in it as well. Runs great. OFC it's all personal choice. Would I run Maxlife in a DEX 2,3 SP II, SP III transmission? Yes. I would run it in place of any older spec fluids.

You must have missed my story.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Thank you folks for the good comments and stories that its helped your vehicle :0)

I don't want to go there either. As always, the fanboys want an answer. Amusing how I can't tell my stories or thoughts without the fanboys getting their panties wadded up.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I have nothing nice to say. I hate the stuff. I'd rather take the bus then soil my engine with an Ashland product.

You really don't want to get into that tale.

If you are referring to me as an Ashland fanboy, you would be wrong. I used Maxlife ATF in the Buick because the fluid needed to be changed and Maxlife has good reviews here, I have no complaints. I have Maxlife synblend oil in the Uplander because it leaks/consumes oil, again this is the first time using it. That does not qualify for fanboy status.

I liked the 5w-30 MaxLife in the F-150 when it was leaking and doing a bunch of fuel dilution, but that was also before the switch to ILSAC certification. I don't know how the latest product does, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Maxlife is Valvoline's best product IMO. I've used it in most of our cars at one time or another, but our 175k Chrysler has been almost exclusively on Maxlife since we bought it 5 years ago. Great stuff.

I like and trust Maxlife so much, if I need some I will actually go to Walmart and simply buy it at full price!

Oil Changer, I did read your post, and am sorry about your van's transmission.

KCJeep, you didnt stock up on the FAR deals in 2012 where most auto chains had it, or get some like I did at wal mart for like under $10?

Yes burned through a good bit of FAR Nextgen, still have some I just got a few months ago from O'Reillys on clearance for $1.97 a quart too.

I bought 4 of the 5+ quart 20W-50 jugs from AZ when they were on sale a couple of years ago. I just finished a 2500 mile run of it in my '89 Harley. The UOA is in the motorcycle UOA section. Beside slightly shearing out of grade, the wear numbers were great and it still had a TBN of 6.9. I'll definitely continue to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back