Oil deals anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again folks. I was thinking about this since I was reading thru the rebate, sales, and promotions section. How many of you actively search out the MENARDS, MEIJERS, and wal mart, AAP, Autozone deals on ATF, OIL, etc? I do have a nice sized stash myself even though the girlfriend hates it sometimes
smile.gif
The last deal I took part in was the MENARDS Smitty's Super S with $5 rebate. Also just did the M1 rebate thanks to our wonderful member 147_Grain. Love to hear your stories and how you folks scored and amassed the deals.

thank you in advance folks :0)

I wouldn't say I actively searched them out. What I used to do is buy two oil changes worth of oil when there was a good sale/rebate because rebates are usually good on two oil changes worth of oil. Then when I used the second jug of oil I got, i would start looking for when a new good sale/rebate came out. Since I do two oil changes a year, it would generally give me six months and I don't think there was ever a time there wasn't a good sale or rebate that I could take advantage of.

This way I never had too much oil to store, and I felt like I was getting a good deal. I recently departed from my old ways because I bought two cases of Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic. So based on my current oil usage, I've got about two years worth of oil. So for me, it'll have to be an excellent deal for me to pick up some more oil.

I got bad with buying too much oil (& other stuff), [censored] my ex off. Between last years pepboys founders sale on PU Walmart PU & QSUD clearance & Xmas AZ $1/qt sale I've got more oil than I need for few years.
I'm giving some PYB & QSGB to my dad because I won't get to it for awhile. Plus being doing oil changes for friends to use some Napa syn, Havo syn, & Maxlife.
They come over and shop for "oil change special" in my closets.

Tell ya that Havoline is only $14 for a 5 qt container.. At Wally world. Valvoline premium conventional is $15 there too. Not a fan of wally world but too inexpensive not to go there. Same stuff is $10 to $14 at the auto part stores. I will keep my eyes open for good stuff.. And report back captain
smile.gif

No havoline around here, but 100 miles at Wal Mart there is; dunno. It's MS5K, some Valvoline nextgen, MaxLife, VWB and QSGB, now the new EDGE line up and ST and PP/PU

I have several years worth of different brands that I either got for less than a buck a qt or free
At work I got a few cases of Super S entirely free and I can't turn down free
Yea, I have an addiction

I almost feel bad saying this ... But I have many parts stores nearby and wally world is 5 min down the road.. Not to mention like a lot of restaurants within 5 min. So I have ala carte when it comes to both. And 7 major grocery stores within that same area.. Makes things very easy. But lots and lots of tourists in spring summer and fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back