Why I hate retailed Fram filters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
I am assuming you are at WM (the shelves appear to be WM) So how is FRAM any different than Bosch, Purolator, Mopar, AC, or Motorcraft in that setting?

That's a Canadian Walmart, so their are no Bosch, Purolators, or anything else with which to compare them in the identical setting.
wink.gif

I can state that when it comes to Wix, my supplier has some that are just "bare" on the shelf, some that are shrink wrapped, and some that are in boxes. So, with Wix, I suspect packaging is based upon part number, or, at the very least, some are from Master Packs taken apart.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I am assuming you are at WM (the shelves appear to be WM) So how is FRAM any different than Bosch, Purolator, Mopar, AC, or Motorcraft in that setting?
That's a Canadian Walmart, so their are no Bosch, Purolators, or anything else with which to compare them in the identical setting.
wink.gif

Fair enough, but speaking from what I see in a US WM, all of the aforementioned brands are there and are in the same types of packages. The OP must hate them all equally or is simply singling out FRAM to bash with no foundation for it.

Originally Posted By: David1
true I dont see why its a big deal..

ever see that movie TOMMY BOY ??

LOL

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of s**t. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me..

POINT is... its whats in the box...

For those of you that remember it goes like this from the movie

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of [censored]. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.

*Gasps* WHAT'D YOU DOOOOO??!!

Fair enough, but speaking from what I see in a US WM, all of the aforementioned brands are there and are in the same types of packages. The OP must hate them all equally or is simply singling out FRAM to bash with no foundation for it.

He he, good question. I know our Walmarts are all over the place with how they do things. His pictures are the first time I've seen the grey Frams in a rather long time.

As an aside, when I used to order German Mann, Mahle, and Bosch filters for my Audi online, I'd get quite the mix of packaging. Sometimes, there would be a box. Other times, they pack them in their packaging box with a coffee type lid over the end plate. Personally, I don't care. As long as I get the right part and it's not damaged, be it purchased in a store or online, I'm happy.

Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttranger
I remember old school filters had a piece of clear cellophane on the box so you could partially see the filter inside.

I was thinking of this the very least, my oem had this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back