Motul 8100 Eco-Energy 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
https://www.motul.com/de/de/products/oils-lubricants/8100-eco-nergy-0w30?f%5Brange%5D=25

Quote:
Vollsynthetisches kraftstoffsparendes Leichtlaufmotorenöl für
moderne Benzin- und Dieselmotoren, bei denen der Hersteller
ein Motorenöl nach ACEA A5/B5 in der Viskosität 0W30
vorschreibt. Empfohlen für Volvo und Land Rover.

Full synthetic by German standards (I'm assuming majority PAO). Just bought a case of 12 off the Canadian Amazon site for $108.00 ($9/L), which is cheaper than I can get M1 0w-30 for. With free shipping. This will be my next OC for the Expedition. Was going to go back to the AFE 0w-30 but might as well give this a shot first
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Y_K
For both gasoline (petrol) and Diesel..
-45C pour point with 3.0 HTHS

Spec Sheet here API SL should be fine
for the Expedition

Yup, being a Euro blend they don't seem to care much for the API approvals.

VI is 177.

Their LL-01 5w-40 also looks pretty decent and the price is reasonable. I may give it a shot as well.

Where I live, one of the shop parts suppliers WorldPack has a lot of Euro lubes at very affordable prices. Motul, Pentosin, Total.. all well below $30 for 5L jugs (their cost)
So, if you have mechanic shop owner friends it may pay some premium to them directly for the convenience.

I'm just surprised it is so cheap on Amazon. With free shipping it makes it cheaper than buying the big names at CT and Walmart
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Full synthetic by German standards (I'm assuming majority PAO).

Do we have a list of these? Or can someone start one?

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Good idea.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Nice...I like the Motul bottles too.

You know, that is an undervalued trait of an oil brand. Or maybe a subconscious reason why some choose what they do. I like Castrol Edge bottles for some reason as well.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Good idea.

Very good idea, and no we don't. The easy way is to go the German site for the manufacturer and check out the labelling for the product. If it shows "Vollsynthetisches" or some variant of that, it is synthetic by German standards (majority PAO or Ester IIRC).

Where did you order it from? I've been wanting to try that but I can't seem to find a reasonable place to order it.

Edit: Nevermind. I see you got it from Amazon Canada.

Definitely more PAO/POE in the base stock than the AFE, and a higher V.I. as well (might be a higher TBN as well?).

NOT that the AFE isn't a GREAT oil, but this stuff has a few better specs, and is actually less coin for you, a win-win!

I wish they made a 0W-30 in their Ester Core 300V line! (Besides that overpriced, impossible to get, NISMO labelled stuff.)

Point the bottle away from your body when you remove the cap. A little white flag might pop out.

Made in France.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Definitely more PAO/POE in the base stock than the AFE, and a higher V.I. as well (might be a higher TBN as well?).

NOT that the AFE isn't a GREAT oil, but this stuff has a few better specs, and is actually less coin for you, a win-win!

I wish they made a 0W-30 in their Ester Core 300V line! (Besides that overpriced, impossible to get, NISMO labelled stuff.)

My thoughts exactly, this stuff ended up being a bargain! LOL!

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

I did a 10k run of it in my '01 Chevy truck - and although 2 quarts of make up oil were needed (much better than the 1 quart per 1800 miles I was getting with M1 HM - disclaimer: I did do a cleaning with MMO at the end of the M1 HM fill). I think there is quite a bit of blow-by because of the low tension rings used in the 6.0L V8 engine, and that is responsible for reducing the TBN at a faster rate. My VOA/UOA post shows a starting TBN of 9.8. FWIW even though the TAN had exceeded the TBN, the Blackstone UOA analyst thought I should extend my OCI even longer yet.

Motul 8100 5W30 Econergy VOA/UOA including TBN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back